• Singing. Riddles Chapel Church at 11327 Ripley Road in Athens will host The Proclaimers Quartet at 7 tonight, Aug. 30. Free admission. Love offering received. More information and directions: Billy 256-374-9698.
• Chicken stew. Emmanuel Church of God in Christ at 503 Hine St. in Athens will serve an all you can eat free chicken stew, drink and dessert at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 31. The public is invited.
• Homecoming. Pleasant Grove CPCA Family at 15439 Hastings Road in Athens invites the public to attend its Homecoming celebration Sunday, Sept. 1. Guest speaker is Eagle’s Nest Ministries Pastor Jurada Fuqua. Contact: 256-874-6903.
• Revival. Greater Hope Missionary Baptist Church at 14065 Lucas Ferry Road in Athens will hold a revival at 7 nightly Sept. 3-5 featuring Pastor Ollie McWilliams of New Salem M.B. Church as evangelist. Morningstar choir sing on Sept. 3 and the Beaver Dam P.B. Church male chorus sing on Sept. 4.
• Revival. Little Elk Missionary Baptist Church on Snake Road is holding a revival 7 nightly Sept. 3-5 with guest speaker the Rev. Kenneth Lankford of Fletcher’s Chapel Church. Choirs include: Cynthia Hines and New Day, Sept. 3; Little Elk Mass Choir, Sept. 4; and Fletcher’s Chapel, Sept. 5.
• Men’s Day. The Antioch Cumberland Presbyterian Church in America at 923 Brownsferry St. in Athens will hold their annual Men’s Day program at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 8. The speaker is Johnny Jones, an elder at Liberty Primitive Baptist Church in Gurley. The musical guests are the Liberty Primitive Baptist male chorus.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to email@example.com or a fax to 256-233-7753.