• City Council. Athens City Council members will meet at 5:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 14, in the municipal courtroom of the Athens Police Department on Hobbs Street. Work session begins at 4:30 p.m.
• Partners in Pink. Partners in Pink Breast Cancer Support Group will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15, at the Athens-Limestone Hospital education room. This will be a Blessings Gathering for women to enjoy dinner and share blessings found during the fight against breast cancer. More information: Tammy Woodward 256-206-6052.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary will gather for snacks, fellowship and the monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15, at the Post, 4765 N. Jefferson St. Contact: Fred 256-233-0213.
• Historical Society. The Limestone County Historical Society will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15, at the First Presbyterian Church Rodgers Center. Following a covered dish dinner, Steve Brown of Auburn University will present the program, The Most Prominent Man in Alabama: John McKinley and Early Alabama Politics.
• ALSO. The Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will meet and have a Dutch-treat lunch at 11 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 17, at Mac’s Steakhouse on Jefferson Street. Speaker is Jennifer Reece, coordinator with the Council on Aging. Her talk will include 2014 Medicare Part D information.
• Republican Women. The Limestone Republican Women will meet Thursday, Oct. 17, at HG Grill on U.S. 72 in Athens. Dinner at 5:45 p.m., meeting at 6:30. Guest speaker will be Jerry Hill, candidate for the 5th congressional district.
• THS Class of ’67 women. The Tanner High School Class of 1967 women will meet and eat at 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 17, at Marilyn McBay’s home. More information: 256-431-2563.
• AMVETS. American Veterans will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 17, at 22769 Black Road in Athens. Covered dish dinner at 6 p.m. Upcoming events and Post business will be discussed at 7. Contact: Lyle Sadler 256-771-2029.
• SCV. The Capt. Thomas H. Hobbs Camp 768 Sons of Confederate Veterans will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 17, at the Alabama Veterans Museum and Archives. Parson Tim Morrison will speak on Forrest’s Rear Guard Action at Anthony Hill and the Cemetery at Chestnut Grove. The public is invited.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to email@example.com, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.