Blue Springs Fall Festival
Blue Springs Elementary School parent-teacher organization is accepting local and area businesses to participate as vendors in its annual fall festival to be held from 5-8 p.m. Oct. 24. Vendor spaces are $20 each. Vendors must supply own tables and chairs. Registration deadline is Oct. 18. Contact: Katrina Lecroix at 256-434-0542 for registration form.
Veterans parade entries
Entries are being taken for the sixth annual Athens Veterans Parade to be held Saturday, Nov. 9 in Athens. A $25 entry fee is requested. All funds used to assist veterans. Contact: Roxanne Haggermaker 256-206-6702 or Sandy Thompson 256-771-7578.
Toys for Tots registration
Registration will be from 9 a.m.-noon and 1-4 p.m. Thursdays, Oct. 17 and Nov. 7, at the United Way office at 419 S. Marion St. in Athens. Bring birth certificates for each child, Social Security cards for each child, proof of residency, picture ID for parent or guardian, and proof of income.
• Positive Look. Positive Look Support group for blind and visually impaired, family and friends will meet from 10 a.m.-noon, Oct. 18 at Athens Recreation Center. Sheriff Mike Blakely will speak. Bring favorite dish. Contact: Wynell Reynolds at 256-232-1493.
• Republicans. The Limestone County Republican Party will meet Oct. 21 at Old Greenbrier Barbecue. Social time at 6 p.m., dinner at 7. RSVP: Ronnie Coffman 256-206-0517.
• NAACP. NAACP general membership meeting will be at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 21 at the chamber building at 101 S. Beaty St. More information: Wilbert Woodruff 256-227-8489.
• Ladies Civitan. The Athens Ladies Civitan meeting will be at noon Oct. 22 upstairs in the South Jefferson Street Water Authority building.
• Young Republicans. Limestone County Young Republicans will meet at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 22. State School Board Rep. Mary Scott Hunter will speak. Social is at 6:30 p.m., meeting at 7:30.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to email@example.com, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.