The News Courier
• Women’s Wellness. Grace M.B. Church, 549 W. Elm St., is hosting a Women’s Wellness Clinic, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Free breast cancer awareness, blood pressure, temperature and glucose checks, screenings and demonstrations, informational brochures, refreshments and door prizes. Call 256-771-7081 for more information.
• Women’s Ministry. The Pleasant Grove Leading Ladies Women’s Ministry will meet at 10 a.m. Saturday. Meika Jude will deliver a message on “Harvest Season.” The public is invited. Pleasant Grove CP Church is located at 15439 Hastings Road in Athens
• Celebration. Poplar Creek Missionary Baptist Church at 16031 Poplar Creek Road in Athens will hold its Ushers Annual Celebration at 2 p.m. Sunday. Pastor Grissom and Oak Grove CMC will be in charge of the service.
• Jamboree. Pleasant Grove Church Family at 15439 Hastings Road in Athens will hold its Hallelujah Jamboree on Oct. 30. Dinner at 5 p.m. The party is from 6-8. Singers include Anointed Voices, Sacrificial Praise and many more including a special surprise guest. The public is invited.
• Pancake breakfast. Lebanon Community Church at 13500 Lebanon Road in Elkmont will hold a pancake breakfast from 6-10 a.m. Nov. 2. Includes a variety of pancake choices, bacon or sausage and coffee or juice. Advance tickets $4 (call Sean at 256-655-1054), day of tickets $5.
• Chicken stew. Oak Grove CME Church will hold its annual chicken stew from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Nov. 2. Cost is $6 per quart.
• Fall revival. New Life Church at 2314 S. Hine St. in Athens will hold its fall revival at 7 p.m. Nov. 4-6. Pastor Gary W. Battles of the Hurricane Chapel Missionary Baptist Church in Huntsville is the guest preacher. Music by: St. James CPCA Mass Choir on Monday; Blackburn Chapel CPCA Mass Choir on Tuesday; and the Hurricane Chapel Church Choir on Wednesday. The public is invited . More information: 256-233-7228 or 256-468-1539.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to email@example.com or a fax to 256-233-7753.