The News Courier
• Chicken stew. Tanner United Methodist Church will hold its annual chicken stew sale Nov. 9 in its family life center at 19607 Huntsville-Browns Ferry Road. Stew is $23 per gallon, $7 per quart. Carryouts only. Bring containers. Stew ready by 3 p.m. More information: 256-232-0482.
• Gospel meeting. The 807 W. Sanderfer Road Church of Christ gospel meeting will be at 7 p.m. Nov. 8, 6 p.m. Nov. 9 and 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Nov. 10. Refreshments follow Saturday and Sunday services at 218 Breach Creek Guest House.
• Anniversary. Bright Hope Cumberland Presbyterian Church in America on Mooresville Road will celebrate its anniversary at 2 p.m. Nov. 10. The Rev. Dr. Theodis Acklin and Briar Fork CPCA will be in charge of the service. The public is invited.
• Installation services. Installation services for newly elected pastor, the Rev. Jevon D. Turner will be held at 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Nov. 10 at Peace Missionary Baptist Church at 1214 Plainview Circle in Athens. Guest church and speaker at 11 a.m. service. The Rev. Earnest Williams and Mount Zion M.B. Church of Harvest are the 2:30 p.m. guests. Round Island Creek Missionary Baptist Assoc. will also take part in services.
• Choir Weekend. The Indian Creek Primitive Baptist Church Music Ministry will celebrate Choir Weekend on Nov. 9-10. On Sunday, Rev. Antoyne Green, pastor of New Life M. B. Church, will be the guest preacher at the 8 and 11 a.m. services. The theme for choir weekend is “Remembering Our History” (Isaiah 46:9).
• Free food. Pleasant Grove Church at 15439 Hastings Road in Athens will hold a free food box giveaway plus turkey from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Nov. 16 as part of the church Feed the Hungry program. More information: 256-216-0660 or 256-233-5995.
• Weekend revival. Tabernacle Baptist Church at 24318 Drawbaugh Road in Athens will hold a weekend revival at 6 p.m. Nov. 16 and at 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Nov. 17. Randy Sutherland is the evangelist. The public is welcome.
• 20th anniversary. Clements Baptist Church at 8690 U.S. 72 West is celebrating its 20th anniversary from 9 a.m. until noon Nov. 17. Lunch to follow.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to email@example.com or a fax to 256-233-7753.