The News Courier
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to email@example.com or a fax to 256-233-7753.
• Chicken stew. Group 3, Greater Hope M.B. Church will hold a chicken stew beginning at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 2, at the Brownsferry Center, 611 Brownsferry St. Half gallon, $12; quart, $6; and pint, $3. Contact: 256-658-7792.
• Annual Spring Luncheon. Hosted by the Athens First United Methodist Church Women of Worth, the annual spring luncheon will be held from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. Saturday, March 2, in the Beasley Center at the church. The speaker will be Lisa McKay author of _You Can Still Wear Cute Shoes, And Other Great Advice from an Unlikely Preacher_s Wife.” Tickets are $15. Call the church office at 256-232-2020. Luncheon is provided by C&A Catering with music by Stephanie Fenton. Deadline to purchase tickets is Monday, Feb. 25.
• Pastor appreciation. The public is invited to the St. Mark Primitive Baptist Church for a morning of gratitude and appreciation honoring their pastor of 18 years, Kenneth F. Owens, at 11 a.m. Sunday, March 3. The church is located at 740 W. Sanderfer Road in Athens. Pastor Leo Owens of Bethel-Colbert church in Leighton will deliver the message.
• Revival. Clements Baptist Church at 8690 U.S. 72 West will hold a revival featuring Dr. Bob Pitman Sunday, March 3, through Wednesday, March 6. Service times: Sunday, 9:30 a.m. and 6 p.m.; Monday, March 4, 6:30 p.m.; Tuesday, March 5, 6:30 p.m.; Wednesday, 6:30 p.m. Bob Pitman has preached at more than 900 revivals and Bible conferences in the U.S. and several conferences in Europe and Africa.
• Gospel meeting. Three speakers will be featured during Northside Church of Christ gospel meeting Sunday, March 3, through Wednesday, March 6, at 1201 N. Jefferson St. Sunday services will be at 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Wednesday services are at 7 p.m. Speakers will be Sunday, Carl Witty; Monday, Jeff May; Tuesday, Steve Ferguson; and Wednesday, Warren Glass. Information: 256-232-3179.