Celebrate Recovery is hosting Step Study from 3-5 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 25, at Friendship North, 21960 Easter Ferry Road in Elkmont. Cost: $5 per book. Four books total. Contact: Jan Sanders 256-232-4906 or email@example.com.
Duck and Run registration
Registration is open for the Sept. 21 KALB 10th annual 5K race and fun run. Details and online registration are available at KALBCares.com and active.com. More information: KALBCares@gmail.com or call 256-233-8728.
• NAACP. The Limestone County NAACP general membership meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 19, at the Athens Chamber of Commerce, 101 Beaty St. Old and new members welcome. Contact: Wilbert Woodruff 256-227-8489.
• Friends of the Archives. The Friends of the Archives quarterly meeting will be held at 5 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 20, at 202 E. Washington St., the home on the corner of Clinton and Washington streets. The public is invited. More information: 256-233-6404.
• Partners in Pink. Partners in Pink Breast Cancer Support Group will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 20, at the Athens-Limestone Hospital education room. Guest speaker Eddie Falconberry of The Falcon’s Nest will discuss skin care for the cancer patient. Contact: Tammy Woodward 256-206-6052.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary will gather for snacks, fellowship and the monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 20, at the Post, 4765 N. Jefferson St. Contact: Fred 256-233-0213.
• NARFE. National Active and Retired Federal Employees chapter 1480 will meet at 9 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 24, at the Veterans Museum on Pryor Street in Athens. Meeting subject is new legislative districts and representatives. Breakfast served. Contact: Dean Morgan 256-233-0248.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.