Friends of Archives
Friends of the Archives will hold its quarterly meeting at 5 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 20, at 202 E. Washington St., the home on the corner of Clinton and Washington Streets. All are invited to attend this special event. For more information, call the Limestone County Archives at 256-233-6404.
Partners in Pink
Partners in Pink Breast Cancer Support Group will meet at 6 p.m. today, Aug. 20, in the Education Room of Athens-Limestone Hospital.
The American Legion Post 49 monthly chicken stew will be held from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. today, Aug. 20. Cost is $5 to eat in or for per quart carryouts. Containers provided. No sides with carryouts. More information: Bob Borden 256-509-1306. Reserve carryouts: 256-230-6233.
Summer Art Stroll
Athens Art League will present Summer Art Stroll from 4-8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 23, on the Limestone County Courthouse lawn at The Square. The free event includes live music and artists exhibiting their works including several bronze western-themed sculptures by John Solomon Sandridge and Marshall Mitchell. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Caregiver’s Night Out will be from 6-9 p.m. Friday, Aug. 23, at Lindsay Lane Baptist Church, 1300 Lindsay Lane. Make reservations by noon Thursday, Aug. 22, at 256-232-7207.
Charity fashion show
Back-To-School Charity Fashion Show will be from 10 a.m. until noon Saturday, Aug. 24, at the Limestone County Event Center to benefit St. Jude Children's Hospital. The speaker is Elkmont High School Senior and St. Jude patient Rhett Bailey. The event includes a brunch buffet and school fashions available locally and modeled by local St. Jude patients, siblings and moms. Silent auction of gift baskets. Tickets: www.northalfootsoldiers.com.
Free cooking class
There will be a free cooking class, featuring low-cholesterol, low-fat, natural, hands-on demonstrations, recipes and resources from 3 to 5:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 25, at Trinity SDA Church, 823 Brownsferry Road. To register, call 256-822-9452 or 256-434-1410.
P.E.O. Chapter Z of Huntsville will have a fundraising Ladies Tea and Fashion Show from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 25, at Creekside Plantation in Mooresville. Tickets are $20 person and funds to provide scholarships and grants for women. Call Holly Carpenter for tickets at 256-479-1429.
Celebrate Recovery is hosting Step Study from 3-5 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 25, at Friendship North, 21960 Easter Ferry Road in Elkmont. Cost: $5 per book. Four books total. Contact: Jan Sanders 256-232-4906 or email@example.com.
Alabama Blues Brothers
The Alabama Blues Brothers will be perform from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Monday, Aug. 26, at Athens Senior Center. Space is limited and price of admission is a $3 donation.
Duck and Run registration
Registration is open for the Sept. 21 KALB 10th annual 5K race and fun run. Details and online registration are available at KALBCares.com and active.com. More information: KALBCares@gmail.com or call 256-233-8728.
• NAACP. The Limestone County NAACP general membership meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 19, at the Athens Chamber of Commerce, 101 Beaty St. Old and new members welcome. Contact: Wilbert Woodruff 256-227-8489.
• Friends of the Archives. The Friends of the Archives quarterly meeting will be held at 5 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 20, at 202 E. Washington St., the home on the corner of Clinton and Washington streets. The public is invited. More information: 256-233-6404.
• Partners in Pink. Partners in Pink Breast Cancer Support Group will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 20, at the Athens-Limestone Hospital education room. Guest speaker Eddie Falconberry of The Falcon’s Nest will discuss skin care for the cancer patient. Contact: Tammy Woodward 256-206-6052.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary will gather for snacks, fellowship and the monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 20, at the Post, 4765 N. Jefferson St. Contact: Fred 256-233-0213.
• NARFE. National Active and Retired Federal Employees chapter 1480 will meet at 9 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 24, at the Veterans Museum on Pryor Street in Athens. Meeting subject is new legislative districts and representatives. Breakfast served. Contact: Dean Morgan 256-233-0248.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.