Senior exercise program
Silver Sneakers FLEX program to get fit and make friends is being held from 8:30-9:15 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at Athens Senior Center, 912 W. Pryor St., Athens. Information: 256-233-6412.
• Soil and Water. The Limestone County Soil and Water Conservation District Board of Supervisors will meet at 7:30 a.m. Monday, May 13, at the Natural Resources Conservation Service Office, 1795 U.S. 72 East, Suite 102. The public is invited.
• Limestone Ladies. Limestone Ladies will meet at noon Tuesday, May 14, at HG Grill on U.S. 72. Limestone Chapel Funeral home will provide a complimentary lunch and talk about “The Importance of Pre-Planning.”
• Cancer survivor dinner. An American Cancer Society dinner and meeting for cancer survivors, caregivers and guests will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 14, at Shoney’s. Contact: 256-232-6455.
• DAV. The Disabled American Veterans monthly meeting will be held Tuesday, May 14, at the DAV on Airport Road off Alabama 127 in Athens. Food and fellowship at 6 p.m. and meeting at 7.
• ALSO. The Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will meet and have a Dutch-treat lunch at 11 a.m. Thursday, May 16, at Mac’s Steakhouse on Jefferson Street. Speaker is Jackie Jackson with Athens Rehabilitation and SeniorCare. Public invited.
• Ladies Auxiliary. American Veterans Ladies Auxiliary will meet at 5 p.m. Thursday, May 16, at 22769 Black Road in Athens to discuss upcoming events and business. Covered dish dinner at 6 p.m. Contact: Roxanne 256-771-2029.
• Republican Women. The Limestone Republican Women will meet at 5:45 p.m. for dinner and 6:30 for a meeting Thursday, May 16, at HG Grill on U.S. 72 next to Taco Bell. Guest speaker will be Pastor Pat Lawrence from Berea Baptist Church.
• AMVETS. American Veterans will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, May 16, at 22769 Black Road in Athens. Covered dish dinner at 6 p.m. Upcoming events and organizational business will be discussed at 7. Contact: Lyle Sadler 256-771-2029.
• SCV. The Capt. Thomas H. Hobbs Camp 768 Sons of Confederate Veterans will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, May 16, at the Alabama Veterans Museum and Archives. Dr. Pete Sparks will speak on “The Burning of Guntersville.” Public is invited.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 256-233-7753.