The American Legion Post 49 monthly chicken stew will be held from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. Tuesday. Cost is $5 to eat in or for per quart carryouts. Containers provided. No sides with carryouts. Information: Rod Huffman 256-233-3023. Reserve carryouts: 256-230-6233.
An information booth with educational materials and someone to answer questions about Alzheimer’s disease will be available from 2-4 p.m. Wednesday at Walgreens on U.S. 31 North in Athens across from the high school.
• Limestone Church. Limestone Church Cemetery Decoration Day is at 2:30 p.m. today, May 19. Organizers ask that anyone who cannot attend send donations for upkeep to: Robert Evans, 14919 Reid Road, Athens, AL 35611. Any objects hindering maintenance of cemetery will be removed.
• NAACP. The Limestone County NAACP general membership meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. Monday, May 20, at the Athens Chamber of Commerce, 101 Beaty St. Public welcome. Contact: Wilbert Woodruff 256-227-8489.
• Friends of Archives. The Friends of the Archives will meet at 5 p.m. Tuesday, May 21, at Limestone County Archives, 102 W. Washington St. (the green, former train depot). Annual $10 membership fee is due at meeting. Contact: 256-233-6404 or email@example.com.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary will gather for dinner, fellowship and the monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 21, at the Post, 4765 N. Jefferson St. Contact: Fred 256-233-0213.
• NARFE. National Active and Retired Federal Employees chapter 1480 will meet at 9 a.m. Saturday, May 25, at the Veterans Museum on Pryor Street in Athens. Guest speaker will be District Attorney Brian Jones. Breakfast served. Contact: Dean Morgan 256-233-0248.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 256-233-7753.