Reyer family reunion
The Reyer family reunion will be held Sunday at the First National Bank Community Room at 26599 Main St. in Ardmore, Tenn. Bring covered dish for a 1 p.m. lunch. To find out more about Reyer family descendants invited call 256-423-3537.
Medicare Part D open enrollment
Medicare Part D open enrollment will be held Oct. 15 through Dec. 7. Interested persons are asked to make an appointment to compare and discuss Medicare Part D plans with local SHIP coordinator, Jennifer W. Reece at 256-233-6412.
Rescue Squad yard sale
The Athens-Limestone Rescue Squad is accepting donations for a yard sale to be held at a later date. The originally scheduled Oct. 5-6 sale has been postponed. Anyone with donations to be picked up can call 256-434-6355.
FluMist/Shots for students
Limestone County Schools will offer free FluMist/Shots during October for students in kindergarten through 12th grade. FluMist is a no-shot vaccination. The FluZone injectable is also available for students with no deductibles or out of pocket costs. BCBS, ALLKids, Medicaid or other private insurance will be billed. Children with no insurance will receive the vaccination free while supplies last. Parent consent form required.
• Fitting the Pieces. The autism network group for parents, Fitting the Pieces, will meet from 6-7:30 tonight, Oct. 4, at Lindsay Lane Baptist Church. Contact: 256-431-3511.
• Piecemakers Quilt Guild. Athens Piecemakers Quilt Guild will meet tonight, Oct. 4, at First Church of Athens, 17175 Lucas Ferry Road. Social time is 6:15 p.m. and the meeting begins at 7. Quilto will be played for the program. All quilters welcome. Contact: 256-233-3113.
• Sportsman’s Club. The Limestone County Sportsman’s Club will meet at 7 tonight, Oct. 4, at the pond clubhouse on Kennedy Drive in Athens. Upcoming events and club business will be discussed. Covered dish dinner served following the meeting. Contact: Lyle Sadler 256-771-2029.
• American Legion. Post 49 and the Ladies Auxiliary monthly meeting will be at 7 tonight, Oct. 4, at 124 Cloverleaf Drive in Athens. In addition, the quarterly meeting will be held Sunday, Oct. 7, at the same location. Dinner served at 1 p.m. and meeting at 2. Contact for both meetings: Rod Huffman 256-233-3023.
• Ardmore Class of ’72. The Ardmore High School Class of 1972 will meet at noon Saturday, Oct. 6, for lunch at Whistle Hollow in Ardmore.
• Tremor support. The North Alabama Essential Tremor Support Group will meet at 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6, at Madison Wellness Center, 8391 U.S. 72 in Madison. Dr. Nancy Harden of Flexibility for Life is the guest speaker. Essential tremor is a neurological condition that affects an estimated 10 million Americans.
• Prospect Cemetery Assoc. The fall meeting of the Prospect Cemetery Association will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 7, at the Prospect Rescue Squad building. Reports will be presented and 2013 committee members will be elected. Contact: Charlie Crosby 256-216-5840 and Cindy Harris 931-363-0202.
• Master Gardeners. Limestone County Master Gardeners will meet at 6 p.m., Monday, Oct. 8, at First National Bank in Athens. Guest speaker Don Collier, professor at Calhoun College, will bring a program on “Invasive Plants.” Public is invited.
• Cancer survivor dinner. An American Cancer Society dinner and meeting for cancer survivors, caregivers and guests will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 9, at Catfish Cabin 2. Contact: 256-232-4211.
•Republicans. The Limestone County Republican Executive Committee will hold its regular meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 9, at LuVici’s Restaurant in Athens. Social time begins at 5:30 p.m.; meeting begins at 6:30. Contact: Chairman Ronnie Coffman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• DAV. The Disabled American Veterans monthly meeting will be held Tuesday, Oct. 9, at the DAV on Airport Road off Alabama 127 in Athens. Food and fellowship at 6 p.m. and meeting at 7. Members are encouraged to attend.
• Garden Club. Athens Garden Club members and guests will meet Wednesday, Oct. 10, at the First Presbyterian Church Rodgers Center. Beekeeper Lionel Evans will present the program, “The Season of the Honeybee.” Refreshments at 9 a.m. Meeting at 9:30.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to email@example.com or fax to 256-233-7753.