The News Courier
The Bethel, Tenn., Lodge 194 F&AM will host a buffet breakfast to benefit charity from 7-9 a.m. today, July 6, at the lodge. Public invited. Nonperishable food is being collected for the food bank.
Alabama Veterans Museum and Archives Coffee Call is from 8-9 a.m. today, July 6. More information: 256-771-7578.
Monthly Cruise-In on the Athens Square will be from 3-8 p.m. today, July 6. Bring an antique vehicle to park around the Square. More information: 256-457-9179.
Used book sale
The Friends of Athens-Limestone Public Library will hold a used book sale from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. today at the library, 405 E. South St. Contact: 256-232-1233.
Used book sale
The Friends of Athens-Limestone Public Library will hold a used book sale from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Tuesday at the library at 405 E. South St. Contact: 256-232-1233.
Tractor pull cookout
The annual cookout for the Tanner Tractor Pull will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 11, at the Tanner Methodist Church Family Life Center. Free hamburgers and hot dogs will be available. Bring side dishes. Anyone interested in helping with the tractor pull is encouraged to attend.
Auditions for the Athens State University Community Chorus are being held July 13 and 14 at The Center for Lifelong Learning. To arrange an audition, call 256-233-8260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. New members will be notified by July 22.
AHS Class of ’73
Athens High School Class of 1973 will have its 40th reunion, which will include classes 1971-75, at 6 p.m., Aug. 17, at Valley Event Center. Cost is $25, advance; $40 at the door. Mail to AHS Class of 1973, P.O. Box 486, Athens, AL 35612.
Mud T-shirt deadline
The absolute deadline to receive a T-shirt for the CASA Mud Volleyball Tournament is noon Monday, July 8. Players registering after that date will not receive T-shirts. The tournament is limited to the first 90 teams to register. The tournament begins at 9 a.m. Saturday, July 20. More information: 256-777-1038.
Clements VFD fundraiser
Clements Volunteer Fire Department is conducting a five-week, door-to-door fund/picture drive. Donations will be used to purchase new turnout gear.
• Master Gardeners. Limestone County Master Gardeners will meet at noon, Monday, July 8, at the Extension office on Market Street. Bring a salad for a potluck salad lunch. Herb Lewis will present the program, “Gardening for the Birds: Landscaping Toward Going Green.”
• Historic Commission. Athens Historic Preservation Commission will meet at 5:45 p.m. Tuesday, July 9, in the Public Works building at 1600 W. Elm St. Work session begins at 5:45 p.m., regular session at 6.
• DAV. Disabled American veterans will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, July 9, for fellowship, with business meeting to follow at 7. More information: 256-771-3225.
• Soil & Water. Limestone County Soil and Conservation District Board of Supervisors will meet at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, July 9, at the Natural Resources Conservation Office at 1795 U.S. 72 East, Suite 102.
• Cancer Society. American Cancer Society will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, July 9, at Shoney’s. Survivors and caregivers are invited. More information: 256-232-6455.
• American Legion. American Legion Post 49 and Ladies Auxiliary will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 11. Call 256-233-3023 for information.
• Sportsman Club. Limestone County Sportsman Club will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 11, at the clubhouse on Kennedy Road in Athens. Upcoming events and business will be discussed. Covered-dish dinner to follow. Contact: Lyle Sadler 256-771-2029.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to email@example.com, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.