The News Courier
• Concert. Jan Matthews and MTM Kingdom Agents unity concert with Canton Jones will be held at 6 p.m. Friday, April 19, at the Epic Center at 4839 Calvary Blvd., in Tanner. Free admission but donations of canned food for area food banks are encouraged. Contact: 256-874-2941
Barbecue/yard sale. Soul’d Out Christian Center International will hold a barbecue and yard sale from 6 a.m. until 2 p.m. Saturday at Athens Boys & Girls Club on Washington Street for their 2013 youth conference. Barbecue plates are $5 each.
• Pancake breakfast. Tanner United Methodist Church will hold a pancake breakfast from 8-11 a.m. Saturday, April 20, at 19607 Huntsville-Browns Ferry Road. Contact: 256-232-0482.
• Gospel meeting. Sardis Springs Church of Christ on Mooresville Road at Alabama 251 in Athens is holding a gospel meeting Sunday through Wednesday, April 21-24. Dennis Abernathy of Gladewater, Texas will be he feature speaker. Monday through Wednesday services are at 7 p.m.
• Fashion show. The Oak Grove CME Church Relay for Life team is hosting a fashion show to benefit the American Cancer Society at 2 p.m. Saturday, April 27, at 21639 Alabama 99 next to the Blue Bingo Hall. Registration is $5 per person or $15 for a group of five. Contacts: Chequawnia Maone 256-431-2295 or Tiffany Allen-Burks 256-874-6716.
• Gospel singing. The Acts Worship Center at 1449 Charity Lane in Hazel Green is holding a gospel singing featauring Denise Hopkins-Jaco & Apostles II at 7 p.m. Saturday, April 27. Contact: Glenis Sanders 256-828-6097.
• Men & Women. The Frazier C.M.E. Church at 1108 S. Hine St. in Athens will celebrate their annual Men & Women’s Day Program at 1:30 p.m. Sunday, April 28. Special guest is Senior Pastor John W. Jude and the Pleasant Grove CPCA Church family. Contact: 256-233-2107.
• Revival. Holt Road Baptist Church will hold a revival from Sunday, April 28 through Tuesday, April 30. Brandon Pylant is the featured speaker for all services. Services are 5:30 p.m. Sunday and 7 p.m. April 29-30..
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to email@example.com or a fax to 256-233-7753.