AHS Class of ’68 reunion
The 45-year reunion of the Athens High School Class of 1968 will be held Saturday, May 25 at Yesterday’s Event Center. Class members and friends who have not received invitations may contact Lakin Collins at 256-232-3498 (day) or 256-232-8962 (night).
KALB auction items needed
Keep Athens-Limestone Beautiful is accepting donated items for a live auction to raise funds for KALB programs. Needed items include artwork, tools, furniture, toys and games, working electronics, garden tools and household items. No clothing needed. Drop off at KALB during open hours at 125 East St. Contact: 256-233-8728.
• AHS ‘78 reunion. A planning meeting for the Athens High School Class of 1978 reunion will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, April 23, at Southern Bridal/Event Rental, a half mile west of Walmart on U.S. 72. Contact: 256-233-4688.
• Historical Society. The Limestone County Historical Society will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 23, at the First Presbyterian Church Rodgers Center. Local historian Peggy Allen Towns speaks at 7 on her book “Duty Driven: The Plight of North Alabama’s African Americans during the Civil War.” Public invited. No charge.
• Tea Party Patriots. The Athens/Limestone Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 25, at 100 Beaty St. Public is invited. Contact: 256-232-9051 or 256-777-2526.
• Respite Night. Caregivers night out will be from 6 – 9 p.m. Friday, April 26 at Lindsay Lane Baptist Church. Make reservations by noon, April 25. Contact: 256-232-7207.
• NARFE. The NARFE Chapter 1480 will meet at 9 a.m. Saturday, April 27 at the Veteran’s Museum on Pryor St. in Athens. Guest speaker will be Mark Hastings. Contact: 256-233-0248.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to email@example.com or fax to 256-233-7753.