The annual homecoming and decoration at Pettusville Cemetery will be at 11 a.m. today, June 16. Speaker will be Dr. Timothy McDowell. Donations for the upkeep of the cemetery may be mailed to Marcus Hobbs at 26965 Pettusville Road, Elkmont, AL 35620. Make checks payable to Pettusville Cemetery Fund.
An all you can eat spaghetti supper, sponsored by the AMVETS Ladies Auxiliary, will begin at 5 p.m. Monday, June 17, at the Vietnam Veterans of America building, 17953 Elm St. Cost is $5 and includes spaghetti, salad, bread, dessert and drink. Contact: Roxanne Haggermaker 256-374-2073.
Pickin’ & Grinnin’
The Elkmont Pickin’ & Grinnin’ is held at 6:30 p.m. Mondays at the Elkmont Depot downtown. Live music and dancing. Call 931-427-6296.
The American Legion Post 49 monthly chicken stew will be held from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. Tuesday, June 18. Cost is $5 to eat in or for per quart carryouts. Containers provided. No sides with carryouts. Information: Rod Huffman 256-233-3023. Reserve carryouts: 256-230-6233.
ASU public meeting
A public meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m., Tuesday, June 18, in the Athens State University Sandridge Student Center ballroom to discuss details of the proposed Master of Arts in Education degree being offered by ASU and the University of North Alabama. For admission requirements for the program visit www.una.edu/graduate.
Teen summer reading
A teen summer reading program will be held from noon until 5 p.m. Friday, June 21, at The Ardmore Public Library, 25836 Main St. in Ardmore, Tenn. Five hours of activities will be geared around reading “The Lightning Thief” by Rick Riordan with a free book given to the first 10 people to sign up. The day includes pizza and a movie. Contact: Kristina Jones 931-427-4883.
Caregiver’s Night Out will be from 6-9 p.m. Friday, June 21, at Friendship Methodist Church, 16479 Lucas Ferry Road. Make reservations by noon Thursday, June 20, at 256-232-7207.
Ardmore summer reading program
The Ardmore Public Library at 25836 Main St. in Ardmore, Tenn., is holding their summer reading program for children ages 12 and under at 10 a.m. on four successive Wednesdays, June 19 and 26, and July 3 and 10. A ventriloquist, puppet theater and super scientist are among the activities. Full details at 931-427-4883.
• NAACP. The Limestone County NAACP general membership meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. Monday, June 17, at the NAACP office, 17803 U.S. 72 West. Public welcome. Contact: Wilbert Woodruff 256-227-8489.
• Donnell House. A membership meeting for current and prospective members to the Donnell House will be at 5 p.m. Tuesday, June 18, at 601 1/2 Clinton Street. Membership is $10 a year, which is used for upkeep and improvements. Casual dress. Refreshments served. Contacts: Jacque Reeves 256-509-3940 or Ida Terry 256-232-6077.
• Breast Cancer support. The Breast Cancer Support Group Partners in Pink will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, June 18, at the Athens-Limestone Hospital education room. Guest speaker Monique Whitaker will talk about stress, its connection to illness and demonstrate relaxation techniques to manage stress. Contact: Tammy Woodward 256-206-6052 or email@example.com.
• V.F.W. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary will meet for dinner and fellowship at 6 p.m. Tuesday, June 18, at the VFW Post on North Jefferson Street. Swearing in of newly elected officials and monthly meeting to follow. Contact: Fred 256-233-0213.
• AMVETS Ladies Auxiliary. American Veterans Ladies Auxiliary will meet at 5 p.m. Thursday, June 20, at 22769 Black Road in Athens to discuss upcoming events and business. Covered dish dinner at 6 p.m. Contact: Roxanne 256-771-2029.
• AMVETS. American Veterans will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, June 20, at 22769 Black Road in Athens. Covered dish dinner at 6 p.m. Upcoming events and Post business will be discussed at 7. All veterans are welcome. Contact: Lyle Sadler 256-771-2029.
• SCV. The Capt. Thomas H. Hobbs Camp 768 Sons of Confederate Veterans will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, June 20, at the Alabama Veterans Museum and Archives. Athens State associate professor of history Dr. Sean R. Busick will speak on Confederate Vice President Alexander Stephens. Public is invited.
• Republican Women. The Limestone Republican Women will meet Thursday, June 20, at HG Grill, 216 U.S. 72 in Athens. Dinner at 5:45 p.m., meeting at 6:30. Elbert Peters, chairman of the fifth congressional district Republican executive committee is the guest speaker.
• NARFE. National Active and Retired Federal Employees chapter 1480 will meet at 9 a.m. Saturday, June 22, at the Veterans Museum on Pryor Street in Athens. Guest speaker will be Melinda Dugger from Dugger’s Florist. Breakfast served. Call Dean Morgan 256-233-0248.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.