• Women’s ministry. Pleasant Grove Church Family at 15439 Hastings Road in Athens is holding their Leading Ladies Women’s Ministry at 10 a.m. Saturday, June 29. Bishop Mattie McComb Gaines will minister to the gathering. The public is invited.
• Benefit singing. Athens Church of God at the intersection of West Hobbs Street and Lucas Ferry Road will host the “It Only Takes a Spark – Pass it On” benefit singing from 2-4 p.m. Saturday, June 29. No admission charge but donations will be accepted for Athens-Limestone Cancer Fund, Food Bank and LCCI. Contact: 256-232-9021 or 431-9299.
• Concert. The public is invited to attend a reunion concert of the former Sweet Home Chancellor Choir to be held at 6 p.m. Saturday, June 29, at the New Life Church, 2314 S. Hine St. in Athens. The choir performs for the first time in almost 15 years. New Life will also host the 13th Appreciation of Pastor Antoyne L. Green and family during its Worship Celebration at 9 a.m. Sunday, June 30, with guest preacher John W. Jude of Pleasant Grove Church in Athens.
• Singing. Truth Baptist Church at 19297 Sewell Road in Athens will host Sunday Tradition singing bluegrass gospel at 2 p.m. Sunday, June 30. Information and directions: Donald Terry 256-233-2315.
• Appreciation service. Round Island Creek Missionary Baptist Association will hold an appreciation service for moderator Damon Betts at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, June 30, at the Mission Center, 13829 Lucas Ferry Road in Athens. A banquet will follow for which a ticket is required. Contact: 256-233-3032. A mortgage burning ceremony will also be held at the service.
• Community cookout. Central Church of Christ will host a Fourth of July community cookout beginning at 5 p.m. Thursday, July 4. Hot dogs, hamburgers and homemade ice cream will be served. Face painting for children. Fireworks at dusk in Swan Creek Park.
Contact: Joy Leopard 256-232-2014.
• Homecoming. Little Ezekiel M.B. Church will celebrate homecoming at 11 a.m. Sunday, July 7. The theme is “Come Into Thy Father’s House with Thanksgiving and Praise.” Pastor Antoyne Green and New Life Church will be guests.
• CEI Lectures. A series of family-oriented lectures with the theme of “Building Strong Families for Strong Churches and a Strong Nation” will be conducted by CEI Lectures Monday through Thursday, July 8-11, at Athens Bible School. Includes subject matter relevant to men, women and children. See CEIbooks.com for the lecture schedule.
• Summer revival. New Life’s Summer Revival is set for Monday through Wednesday, July 8-10. Pastor Christopher A. Wimberly of the Hunter Hill First Baptist Church in Atlanta is the guest revivalist. Music by the Little Zion Missionary Baptist Church Mass Choir on Monday, the St. James Primitive Baptist Church Mass Choir on Tuesday, and the New Life Music Ministry on Wednesday. Worship begins at 7 each night. The public is invited.
• Revival. Peace Missionary Baptist Church at 1214 Plainview Circle in Athens is inviting the public to attend revival services at 7 nightly July 8-12. The evangelist for the week is the Rev. Clifford Mayes of Toledo, Ohio.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to email@example.com or a fax to 256-233-7753.