Tree seedlings giveaway
Keep Athens-Limestone Beautiful will have a tree seedlings giveaway for Limestone County residents only at 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 16, at Big Spring Memorial Park in Athens to help reforest areas of Alabama hardest hit by April 2011 tornadoes. Visit KeepAthensLimestoneBeautiful.com for a list of tree species available, and an order form to print, complete, and bring to the event. Contact: KALB 256-233-8728 or KeepALBeautiful@att.net.
• Healing Hearts. The Healing Hearts Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 4, in the Education Department at Athens-Limestone Hospital. Call 256-233-9536 to sign up or find Healing Hearts of Limestone County on Facebook for more information. The group meets the first Monday of each month.
• AHS Class of ’56. Athens High School Class of 1956 will meet at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 6, at Logan’s in Athens for a Dutch-treat lunch. Contact: Mary 256-729-6709.
• Fitting the Pieces. A network group for parents that have children with autism will meet from 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 7, at Lindsay Lane Baptist Church in Athens. Contact: Todd Tomerlin 256-431-3511 or email email@example.com.
• American Legion. Post 49 and the Ladies Auxiliary monthly meeting will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 7, at 124 Cloverleaf Drive in Athens. Contact: Rod Huffman 256-233-3023.
• Autism Society. The Autism Society of Alabama will hold a meeting from 8-8:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 7, at Lindsay Lane Baptist Church for volunteers wanting to help with the April 13 autism walk. Contact: Todd Tomerlin 256-431-3511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to email@example.com or fax to 256-233-7753.