Hosta Society of North Alabama will hold a hosta sale from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. today in the Murray Hill parking lot of the Huntsville Botanical Garden at 4747 Bob Wallace Ave. in Huntsville. A hosta show will be held from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. in the education room of the garden’s visitor’s center. Free to the public. Entrance fee to the garden not required for either event.
The town of Anderson Founder’s Day begins at 11 a.m. tiday. Events include classic car show, craft show, children’s entertainment area, laser tag, horseshoe tournament and children’s entertainment area with inflatables, carnival games and more. Food vendors. Live music by two bands at 4 p.m. at the elementary school football field on Highway 207.
Limestone County Sheriff’s 31st Annual Rodeo continues tonight at the Rodeo Arena on Alabama 99 in Athens. Gates open at 6 p.m. Rodeo at 8 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at gate. For more information, go online to www.limestonesheriffrodeo.com. Contact: Limestone Sheriff’s Office at 256-232-0111.
North Border Lodge at Salem, located on Salem Field Lane, will hold a country-style breakfast from 7-9 a.m. today. Public is invited. Contact: Mickey Robertson at 256-232-2335 or 256-206-2242.
30th anniversary celebration
Athens-Limestone Emergency Food and Shelter, located at 20086 Swanner Blvd. in Tanner, will celebrate its 30th anniversary at a community party from 7 a.m. until 2 p.m. today. Events include large yard sale, health screenings and free food beginning at noon.
The American Legion Post 49 monthly chicken stew will be held from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. Tuesday. Cost is $5 to eat in or for per quart carryouts. Containers provided. No sides with carryouts. Information: Rod Huffman 256-233-3023. Reserve carryouts: 256-230-6233.
• Fielding Cemetery. Fielding Cemetery on Yarbrough Road will hold Decoration Day at 9 a.m. today, May 18. Organizers ask that anyone who cannot attend send donations for upkeep to: Mae Todd, 19817 Yarbrough Road, Athens, AL 35613.
• Limestone Church. Limestone Church Cemetery Decoration Day is at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, May 19. Organizers ask that anyone who cannot attend send donations for upkeep to: Robert Evans, 14919 Reid Road, Athens, AL 35611. Any objects hindering maintenance of cemetery will be removed.
Rescue squad sale items
Athens-Limestone Rescue Squad needs garage-sale items for June 7-8 fundraiser. No livestock or pets. Call to arrange pickups. Contact: Mike at 256-431-7734.
AHS Class of ’68 reunion
The 45-year reunion of Athens High School Class of 1968 will be held Saturday, May 25, at Yesterday’s Event Center in Athens. Class members and friends who have not received invitations may contact Lakin Collins at 256-232-3498 (day) or 256-232-8962 (night).
• NAACP. The Limestone County NAACP general membership meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. Monday, May 20, at the Athens Chamber of Commerce, 101 Beaty St. Public welcome. Contact: Wilbert Woodruff 256-227-8489.
• Friends of Archives. The Friends of the Archives will meet at 5 p.m. Tuesday, May 21, at Limestone County Archives, 102 W. Washington St. (the green, former train depot). Annual $10 membership fee is due at meeting. Contact: 256-233-6404 or email@example.com.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary will gather for dinner, fellowship and the monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 21, at the Post, 4765 N. Jefferson St. Contact: Fred 256-233-0213.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 256-233-7753.