The News Courier
• Benefit. A benefit for Pastor Doug Colwell will be held from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. Saturday, May 25, at Church of Living God on Sandlin Road in Elkmont. Auction at 1:30 p.m. Barbecue chicken plates with two sides, dessert and drink for $7. Preorders available. Contact: Amanda Nafe 256-497-1460.
• Anniversary. Peace Missionary Baptist Church at 1214 Plainview Circle in Athens will hold a church anniversary banquet at 6 p.m. Saturday, May 25, at RICMB Association Mission Center, and worship services at 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, May 26, with guest speakers. Public is invited.
• Anniversary. St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church at 10081 Snake Road in Athens invites the public to attend its 148th church anniversary at 2 p.m. Sunday, May 26, with guest pastor and church. More information: Levonia Jones 256-651-9853 or church office 256-729-1705.
• Garden Party. May 31 is the deadline to purchase tickets for the eighth annual Hearts and Hands Knitting Ministry Garden Party luncheon to be held at 11:30 a.m. Thursday, June 6, at the First United Methodist Church Beasley Center in Athens. The speaker will be author Kelly Kazek. Tickets are $20 and can be purchased at 256-232-2020.
• Celebrations. New Beria M.B. Church will celebrate their annual Youth Day at 11 a.m. and Friends & Family Day at 2 p.m. on Sunday, June 2.
• VBS. Clements Baptist Church vacation Bible school will be held from 9 a.m. until noon, June 3-6 at the church location, 8690 U.S. 72 West. VBS includes Bible stories, crafts, music and games and concludes with a family night at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, June 6. Contact: 256-729-1328 or clementsbaptist.org.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to email@example.com or a fax to 256-233-7753.