Celebrity waiters fundraiser
The city of Athens Relay for Life Celebrity Waiters Night will be held from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday at Applebee’s on U.S. 72. Patrons are asked to tip your waiters to support the American Cancer Society. Celebrity Waiters include: Athens Mayor Ronnie Marks, Sheriff Mike Blakely, Councilman Jimmy Gill, Police Chief Floyd Johnson, local actor Frank Travis, attorney Shane Black, Circuit Court Clerk Brad Curnutt, former Circuit Court Clerk Charlie Page and Probate Judge Charles Woodroof.
• American Legion. Post 49 and the Ladies Auxiliary monthly meeting will be at 7 tonight, March 7, at 124 Cloverleaf Drive in Athens. Contact: Rod Huffman 256-233-3023.
• Sportsman Club. Limestone County Sportsman Club will meet at 7 tonight, March 7, at 102 Bullington Road in Athens. Upcoming events and business will be discussed. Covered-dish dinner to follow. Contact: Lyle Sadler 256-771-2029.
• ALERA. Athens-Limestone Education Retirees Association will meet at 9:30 a.m. Friday, March 8, at Athens Recreation Center near Athens High School stadium. All retirees of Athens and Limestone County school systems are invited. A TARCOG attorney will speak on elder law. Contact: Jerry George 256-729-1145.
• Women’s conference. A planning meeting for the seventh annual women’s conference will be held at 8 a.m. Saturday, March 9, at the RICMBA Mission Center, 13829 Lucas Ferry Road in Athens.
• Master Gardeners. The Limestone County Master Gardener Assoc. will meet at noon Monday, March 11, in the Extension Office on Market Street in Athens. Denise Woodring of Green Thumb Garden Consulting and Design will speak on rain gardens and how to work with run-off and wet areas.
•Republicans. The Limestone County Republican Party will meet Tuesday, March 12, at LuVici’s Restaurant in Athens. Social time begins at 5:30 p.m.; meeting begins at 6:30. Guest speaker is John McMillian, commissioner of Agriculture & Industries.
• Garden Club. Athens Garden Club members and guests will meet at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 13, at the First Presbyterian Church Rodgers Center. Chris Becker with Alabama Cooperative Extension will present the program, “Garden Insects and Pests.”
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to email@example.com or fax to 256-233-7753.