Benefit yard sale
Useable sale items including clothes and furniture are needed for a benefit yard sale to be held Aug. 9-10 for cancer patient Jeff Miller, son of Margie and Ray Gold. Drop off items at 200 Hastings Road next to Lindsay Lane Baptist Church or call 256-232-5380.
AHS Class of ’58 reunion
Members of the Athens High School Class of 1958 are planning a reunion for 6 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 17, at Yesterday’s Event Center on Browns Ferry Road. For more information, call Richard at 256-278-1262 or Bobbie Ann at 256-729-5200.
Fletcher and Davis reunion
All money must be in by July 31 for those attending the Fletcher and Davis reunion at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 17, at Lincoln-Bridgeforth Park. Ages 7 and up, $10; ages 4-6, $5; age 3 and under eat free. Contacts: Dezi Fletcher 256-783-9876 or 256-374-9058.
• Tea Party Patriots. The Athens/Limestone Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 tonight, July 25, at 100 Beaty St. Public invited. Contact: 256-777-2526.
• Athens Forge. Athens Blacksmith Forge will meet at 10 a.m. Saturday, July 27, at Travis Flemings Artistic Anvil Forge on Commercial Drive in Athens. Visitors welcome. Contact: John Guenther 256-431-3862 or 256-230-2900.
• Elkmont Class of ’98. Elkmont High School Class of 1998 will meet at 7 p.m. Saturday, July 27, at Casa Blanca restaurant on U.S. 72 for a 15-year reunion dinner. To RSVP, contact Wendi 256-777-1664.
• NARFE. National Active and Retired Federal Employees Chapter 1480 will meet at 9 a.m. Saturday, July 27, at the Veterans Museum on Pryor Street in Athens. Photojournalist Rebecca Croomes is guest speaker. Breakfast served. Contact: Dean Morgan 256-233-0248.
• Prestolite reunion. Former employers of Prestolite will meet at 11 a.m. Saturday, July 27, at McCollum’s Catfish and Seafood Restaurant in Decatur.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.