Mother’s Day special
The Athens High School greenhouse Mother’s Day special will be available from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. today. Ferns 2 for $10 and 2 for $15, and Macho ferns for $5.
Limestone County NAACP invites children ages 3-13 to attend a free Steps Book Club/Reading Program session at 9:30 a.m. today at Round Island Creek Mission Center, 13829 Lucas Ferry Road, Athens. Learning, lunch and fun provided. Registration/information: 256-216-5668.
Mother’s Day Pow Wow
The Larry Woods Memorial Mother’s Day Pow Wow will begin at 10 a.m. on both Saturday and Sunday, May 11-12, at John Bark Park in Ardmore, Tenn. Event includes American drumming, dancing, flute music, native food, arts and crafts. Mothers will be honored at 2 p.m. Sunday. Free admission.
Used book sale
The Friends of Athens-Limestone Public Library will hold a used book sale from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Tuesday at the library at 405 E. South St. Contact: 256-232-1233.
• O’Neal Cemetery. Decoration day is Saturday, May 11. People who cannot attend, please send donations to Charlotte Bates, 10576 U.S. 72, Athens, AL 35611.
• Sylone Cemetery. Workday at 8 a.m. Saturday, May 11. Decoration is Sunday, May 19. Contact: 256-206-0196.
• Wesley Chapel Cemetery. Cleanup day begins at 8 a.m. Saturday, May 11. Participants are asked to bring mowers, rakes, weed trimmers and trash bags. Donations are requested and can include the cemetery grass. Rain date is May 18. Contact: Jane Tucker 256-431-1338.
• Johnson Cemetery. Decoration day is Saturday, May 11. Business meeting at 2 p.m. Take Alabama 251, turn on Johnson Lane and again at Johnson Cemetery Road.
• Dement Cemetery. Decoration day is Saturday, May 11. Business meeting at 10 a.m. Send upkeep contributions to Linda Gordon, 17170 Sledge Road, Athens, AL 35611.
• Sunny Hill Cemetery. Decoration and cleanup day is from 9 a.m. until noon Saturday, May 11. Upkeep donations can be sent to: Mahlon Nixon, 17232 Blackburn Road, Athens, AL 35611.