The News Courier
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a fax to 256-233-7753.
• Family and Friends Day. The Indian Creek Primitive Baptist Church will hold their annual Family and Friends Day at 8 and 11 a.m. today, Feb. 24. Public invited.
• Homecoming Celebration. Greenbrier Baptist Church will hold its 70th annual Homecoming Celebration today, Feb. 24. Squire Parsons will sing at the 11 a.m. service. A fellowship meal follows at 12:30 p.m. and evening services are planned for 1:45. Friends and former members invited. More information: www.greenbrierbaptistchurch.net or 256-497-7349.
• Appreciation service. Pastor Lester Baker and New Zion P.B. Church will be at Mount Lebanon P.B. Church at 2 p.m. today, Feb. 24, for Pastor Ronnie Patton’s appreciation service.
• Black history program. Little Ezekiel M.B. Church at 16439 Lindsey Road in Tanner will hold a black history program with the theme “At the Crossroads of Freedom & Equality” at 2 p.m. today, Feb. 24. Guest speaker is Pastor Jeffrey Mosely. The guest church is Sweet Home M.B. and music is by the Sweet Home choir. Elder Carolyn Lucas, associate minister of Union Hill C.P. Church in Huntsville will be featured at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27, in a ministry fellowship program at the church.
• Great Debate. Indian Creek Primitive Baptist Church will hold their Great Debate at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27, during Bible study.
• Annual Spring Luncheon. Hosted by the Athens First United Methodist Church Women of Worth, the annual spring luncheon will be held from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. Saturday, March 2, in the Beasley Center at the church. The speaker will be Lisa McKay author of _You Can Still Wear Cute Shoes, And Other Great Advice from an Unlikely Preacher_s Wife.” Tickets are $15. Call the church office at 256-232-2020. Luncheon will be provided by C&A Catering with music by Stephanie Fenton. Deadline to purchase tickets is Monday, Feb. 25.
• Pastor appreciation. The public is invited to the St. Mark Primitive Baptists Church will hold a morning of gratitude and appreciation honoring their pastor of 18 years, Kenneth F. Owens, on Sunday, March 3, at 11 a.m. The church is located at 740 W. Sanderfer Road in Athens. Pastor Leo Owens of Bethel-Colbert church in Leighton will deliver the message.