Quilt auction benefit
East Lauderdale Quilters of Rogersville are holding a quilt auction to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. The 86-by-96-inch quilt is 100-percent cotton. Bid via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 256-247-5558. Last day to bid is Oct. 31.
• County Commission. The Limestone County Commission will meet at 10 a.m. Monday, Oct. 15, at the Clinton Street annex.
• NAACP. The Limestone County NAACP general membership meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 15, at the Athens Chamber of Commerce. Public welcome. Contact: Wilbert Woodruff 256-227-8489.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary will gather for dinner, fellowship and the monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 16, at the Post, 4765 N. Jefferson St. Contact: Fred 256-233-0213.
• Democrats. The Limestone County Democrats will meet Tuesday, Oct. 16, at election headquarters, 304 Green St. Social at 6 p.m. Meeting at 6:30. Guest speaker is District 3 Rep. Marcel Black to discuss and debate constitutional amendments on the Nov. 6 ballot. The second presidential debate will be watched following the meeting. Public invited.
• Historical Society. The Limestone County Historical Society will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 16, at the First Presbyterian Church Rodgers Center. ASU professor and historian Dr. Al Elmore speaks at 7 on the July 1862 court-martial of Union Col. John B. Turchin.
• ALSO. The Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will meet and have a Dutch-treat lunch at 11 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 18, at Mac’s Steakhouse on Jefferson Street. Speaker is Lynne Hart, executive director of Keep Athens-Limestone Beautiful. Public invited. Contact: 256-233-3367.
• AMVETS. Post 21 and the Ladies Auxiliary will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 18, at The Karaoke Center, 22769 Black Road in Athens. Covered dish dinner at 6 p.m. Upcoming events and organizational business will be discussed. Contact: Lyle Sadler 256-771-2029.
• Republican women. Limestone Republican Women will meet Thursday, Oct. 18, at Mac’s Steakhouse on Jefferson Street in Athens. Social at 6 p.m., meeting at 6:30. Guest speaker will be Roy Moore, candidate for chief justice of the Alabama Supreme Court. Email plans to attend to email@example.com.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 256-233-7753.