Weight loss support group
Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS), a weight loss support group, meets from 8:30-9:30 a.m. Mondays in Room 133 at Central Church of Christ. Contact: 256-444-8167.
• Master Gardeners. The Limestone County Master Gardener Assoc. will meet at noon Monday, Nov. 12, in the Extension Office on Market Street in Athens.
•Republicans. The Limestone County Republican Executive Committee will hold its regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 12, at LuVici’s Restaurant in Athens. Contact: Chairman Coffman at email@example.com.
• Cancer survivor dinner. An American Cancer Society dinner and meeting for cancer survivors, caregivers and guests will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 13, at Catfish Cabin 2. Contact: 256-232-6455.
• Garden Club. Athens Garden Club members and guests will meet at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 14, at the First Presbyterian Church Rodgers Center. Bobby Black will present the program, “Autumn Holiday Floral Arrangements.”
• ALSO. The Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will meet at 11 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 15, at the Athens Senior Center on Pryor Street to wrap Birdie Thornton Christmas gifts. Members are asked to bring scissors and tape.
• Republican Women. The Limestone Republican Women will meet Thursday, Nov. 15, at Mac’s Steakhouse, 1733 S. Jefferson St., in Athens. Social at 6 p.m., meeting at 6:30. Guest speaker will be national committeewoman Vicki Drummond.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 256-233-7753.