Friends of Athens-Limestone Public Library will hold a used-book sale from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday at the library at 405 E. South St. For more information, call 256-232-1233.
AHS blood drive
Athens High School Student Council Association will hold a blood drive from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesday at the LifeSouth buses in front of the school. Their goal is to collect 175 pints of blood.
Caregivers Night Out will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at Lindsay Lane Baptist Church, 1300 Lindsay Lane. Make reservations by calling the RSVP office at 256-232-7207 no later than noon Thursday.
Fit As A Fiddle Relay for Life 5K
Hosted by the City of Athens Relay for Life Team and sponsored in part by Steelcase, Chick-fil-A and Fleet Feet Sports. Held in conjunction with the Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddlers Convention. 8 a.m. start Oct. 5 at the Sportsplex on U.S. 31. Late registration is 6-7 a.m.; $20 per runner/walker. Register by Sept. 27 to be guaranteed a race T-shirt.
To register online go to Active.com or print a form at www.athensal.us. Proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society and local cancer patients.
Crisis services will have its annual candlelight vigil for victims of domestic violence at 6 p.m. Oct. 8 on the east side of the Courthouse Square or at the Big Spring Park pavilion if it is raining. Planning meetings will be at 6 p.m. on Tuesdays. For more information, call Christa at 256-232-0280.
All contributions donated to Ethan Haney’s fundraiser should be made out to Ethan Haney at Bank Independent or to David Haney, 11906 Poplar Hill Lane, Athens, AL 35611.
• Young Republicans. Limestone County Young Republicans will meet tonight, Sept. 24, at 306 Barbecue on U.S. 72. Guest speaker will be Alabama Minority GOP Chairman Phillip Brown. Social time will begin at 6 p.m. and meeting at 7:15. For more information go online to www.lcyrs.com.
• Ladies Civitan. Athens Ladies Civitan will hold its installation dinner and new-member initiation at 5:30 p.m. today, Sept. 24, at First National Bank on U.S. 72, upstairs. Bring a dish. Guests welcome. RSVP Pat Lewis@grenro.net.
• Athens Blacksmiths. Athens Blacksmith Forge will meet at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, at Travis Fleming’s Artistic Anvil Forge, 208 Commercial Drive, Athens. For more information, call John Guenthere at 256-230-2900 or Travis Fleming at 256-227-6217.
• NARFE. National Active and Retired Federal Employees will meet at 9 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, at Athens Veterans Museum. Stanley Menefee, chairman of the Limestone County Commission, will be guest speaker. Breakfast will be served. For more information, call Dean Morgan at 256-233-0248.
• AHS Class of 1963. Athens High School Class of 1963 will meet for its 50-year class reunion at 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, at Yesterdays Event Center. All classes from the 1960s are invited to attend. For more information, call Susan Griffin at 256-732-4518.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to email@example.com, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.