• AGC. The Athens Garden Club will hold its final meeting of the season Wednesday, May 14, at Tanner Baptist Church. Business meeting and collection of club dues at 9:30 a.m., with a covered-dish lunch to follow at 11. College scholarship winners will receive their awards.
• ALSO. Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will meet following a Dutch-treat lunch at 11 a.m. Thursday, May 15, at Mac’s Steakhouse on South Jefferson Street. Speaker Tom McDaniel of Tom's Busy Bees will talk about benefits of honey and beekeeping. The public is invited.
• AMVETS. The American Veterans monthly meeting is 6 p.m. Thursday, May 15, at 22769 Black Road. Fellowship with a covered dish dinner at 6 p.m., meeting at 7. All veterans are invited. Contact: Lyle Sadler 256-771-2029.
• Democrats. Limestone County Democrats will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, May 15, at Catfish Cabin II on U.S. 72. Guest speaker is Parker Griffith.
• Positive Look. Positive Look support group for the blind, visually impaired and their families and friends meet 10 a.m. to noon Friday, May 16, at Athens Recreation Center. Speaker Jimmy Stroud of Limestone Chapel Funeral Home will talk about making funeral arrangements. More information: Wynell Reynolds 256-232-1493.
• EHS Class of '58. Elkmont High School Class of 1958 will meet for the 56th Anniversary Dutch-Treat Dinner at 5 p.m. Friday, May 16, at 306 Barbecue on U.S. 72 East. More information: 256-232-7590.
• Partners in Pink. Athens breast cancer support group Partners in Pink will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 20, in the Athens-Limestone Hospital Education Room. Work will continue on fundraising projects.
• Republicans. The Limestone County Republican Executive Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 20, at 306 Barbecue, U.S. 72 East, Athens. Social hour begins at 6. Jonathan Barbee, a candidate for Public Service Commission place 2, is the guest speaker. The public is invited.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL.