Benefit yard sale
Useable sale items, including clothes and furniture, are needed for a benefit yard sale to be held Aug. 9-10 for cancer patient Jeff Miller, son of Margie and Ray Gold. Drop off items at 200 Hastings Road, next to Lindsay Lane Baptist Church, or call 256-232-5380.
AHS Class of ’58 reunion
Members of the Athens High School Class of 1958 are planning a reunion for 6 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 17, at Yesterday’s Event Center on Browns Ferry Road. For more information, call Richard at 256-278-1262 or Bobbie Ann at 256-729-5200.
Fletcher and Davis reunion
All money must be in by July 31 for those attending the Fletcher and Davis reunion at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 17, at Lincoln-Bridgeforth Park. Ages 7 and up, $10; ages 4-6, $5; ages 3 and under eat free. Contact: Dezi Fletcher 256-783-9876 or 256-374-9058.
• Farmer’s Cooperative. The annual membership meeting of the Limestone Farmer’s Cooperative Inc. will be held at 4 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 1, at the Tennessee Valley Substation picnic area in Belle Mina.
• Quilt Guild. The newly formed Athens Dixie Stitchers Quilt Guild monthly meeting is Thursday, Aug. 1, at Friendship United Methodist Church on Lucas Ferry Road. The meeting will follow 6-6:30 p.m. social time. More information 256-233-3113.
• American Legion. American Legion Post 49 and Ladies Auxiliary will hold its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 1, at the Post at 124 Cloverleaf Drive in Athens. Contact: Rod Huffman at 256-233-3023.
• Legion District. American Legion Post 49 will host the District 12 quarterly meeting Sunday, Aug. 4, with dinner at 1 p.m. and meeting at 2 p.m. at the Post. Contact: Rod Huffman at 256-233-3023.
• Addiction support group. Family Addiction Support Group will meet at 6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 5, at First National Bank Community Room at 1880 U.S. 72 East.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to email@example.com, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.