Advance tickets at $10 each are on sale through March 2 for the Owens Volunteer Fire Department Swamp Johns catfish fundraiser from 4-7 p.m. Saturday, March 9, at the Limestone County Sheriff’s Rodeo Arena. Purchase tickets at Station 1 on Elk River Mills Road. Each $10 plate includes a choice of meat, hushpuppies, French fries, coleslaw, dessert and tea. Contacts: Tammy Blakely 256-655-9028 between 5 and 9 p.m. and Dennis Blakely 256-655-9196, between 6:30 and 9 p.m.
The Athens-Limestone Beautification Board will hold the Dogwood Festival Fashion Show and Luncheon at noon Tuesday, March 12, at the Beasley Center, First United Methodist Church on the corner of Bryan and Marion streets. Fashions by Claborn Specialties Boutique and The Shoe Gallery II. Tickets are $25 and must be purchased no later than March 5. No tickets sold at the door. Ticket information: RSVP 256-232-7207.
• Council on Aging. An “Associate & Appreciate” meeting will be held at 10 a.m. today, Feb. 15, at Limestone County Council on Aging, 912 W. Pryor St. Meet officials for conversation, questions and to exchange ideas. Refreshments served.
• Positive Outlook. Positive Outlook will meet from 10 a.m. to noon today, Feb. 15, at the Athens Recreation Center. Positive Outlook is a support group for the blind and visually impaired. Contact: 256-232-1493.
• Friends of Archives. The Friends of the Archives quarterly meeting will be at 5 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, at Limestone County Archives, 102 W. Washington St. (the green, former train depot). Members and public invited. Contact: 256-233-6404 or email@example.com.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary will gather for dinner, fellowship and the monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, at the Post, 4765 N. Jefferson St. Contact: Fred 256-233-0213.
• ALSO. The Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will meet and have a Dutch-treat lunch at 11 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 21, at Mac’s Steakhouse on Jefferson Street. Speaker is Susie Adams, licensed and certified lymphedema and massage therapist. Public invited.
• AMVETS. Post 21 and the Ladies Auxiliary will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21, at 22769 Black Road in Athens. Covered dish dinner. Upcoming events and organizational business will be discussed. Contact: Lyle Sadler 256-771-2029.
• Sons of Confederate Veterans. The Capt. Thomas H. Hobbs Camp 768 will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21, at the Alabama Veterans Museum. Historian, and Senior Military Instructor Ed Kennedy will give a talk on black Confederate soldiers. Public invited.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 256-233-7753.