An American Red Cross blood drive is 8:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. Thursday at the Tanner High School gymnasium lobby, 12060 Sommers Road in Tanner. More information or schedule appointments: www.redcrossblood.org or Teresa Bush 256-990-0830.
Caregivers Night Out will be 6-9 p.m. Friday at Friendship United Methodist Church, 16479 Lucas Ferry Road. Make reservations by noon Thursday, March 20, at 256-232-7207.
Women’s History speaker
Dr. Deborah Barnhart, chief executive officer and executive director of the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville will speak at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Alabama Veterans Museum, 100 W. Pryor St. The speech is part of Women’s History Month honoring women of the Vietnam War era.
Tickets are available for the Athelstine Lodge No. 71 annual banquet to be held at 7 p.m. Saturday at Round Island Creek Missionary Baptist Assoc. facility on Lucas Ferry Road. Featured speaker is Dr. Alfred Brinkley of Athens and author of “Courageous Expectations.” Tickets can be purchased from lodge members at $25 for adults and $15 for age 14 and under.
American Red Cross will conduct a blood drive from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sunday at Good Shepherd United Methodist Church, 1418 Old Railroad Bed Road.
Used book sale
Friends of the Athens-Limestone Public Library will have a used book sale from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 25 at the library at 405 E. South St. For more information, call 256-232-1233.
Library page applications
Summer library page applications for teens will be available at Athens-Limestone Public Library March 17-April 19. Applicants must be age 13 by June 1 and have completed seventh grade. Applications also available at alcpl.org. Due April 19. More information: Kelli 256-232-1233.
• ALSO. Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will meet following a Dutch-treat lunch at 11 a.m. Thursday, March 20, at Mac’s Steakhouse on South Jefferson Street. Dennis Morrison, director of Joy’s House, will speak.
• SCV. The Capt. Thomas H. Hobbs Camp 768 Sons of Confederate Veterans will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, March 20, at the Alabama Veterans Museum. Michael Cole will speak on “The Last Battles in Tennessee.” The public is invited.
• Positive Look. Positive Look support group for the blind, visually impaired and families and friends, meets from 10 a.m. to noon Friday, March 21, at Athens Recreation Center. The speaker is Stephanie Ritter, RN, BSN, with Athens-Limestone Hospital. More information: Wynell Reynolds 256-232-1493.
• AMVETS. AMVETS and Ladies Auxiliary will meet at 7 a.m. Saturday for Veterans Coffee at the post at 22769 Black Road. For more information, call Lyle Sadler at 256-771-2029.
• NARFE. National Association of Retired Federal Employees chapter 1480 will meet at 9 a.m. Saturday, March 22, at the Veterans Museum on Pryor Street. Norma McCollum with Limestone Manor is guest speaker. Breakfast will be served. Contact: Dean Morgan 256-233-0248.
• Athens Forge. Athens Forge will meet at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 22, at Travis Fleming’s Artistic Anvil, 208 Commercial Drive. John Massey is the demonstrator.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to email@example.com, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL.