• Men’s Day. The Antioch Cumberland Presbyterian Church in America at 923 Brownsferry St. in Athens will hold their annual Men’s Day program at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 8. The speaker is Johnny Jones, an elder at Liberty Primitive Baptist Church in Gurley. The musical guests are the Liberty Primitive Baptist male chorus.
• Revival. Majestic Chapel is holding a revival Sept. 11-15. It begins at 7 nightly Sept. 11-14 and at 5:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 15. Tobey Lacewell and Jeremy Mays will speak. More information: Pastor Mike Webster 256-431-8038.
• Women’s Day. St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church at 10081 Snake Road in Athens invites the public to its Women’s Day celebration at 11 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 15. Linda Johnson Rice, associate minister at Fletcher’s Chapel Primitive Baptist Church in Madison is the guest minister. Contact: Tammy Rogers 256-374-2242 or the church office 256-729-1705.
• Fun Day. Community Fun Day at Copeland Presbyterian on Copeland Road will be from 12:30-4:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 15. There will be free food and drinks, face painting, balloons, inflatables and games, and a blood drive. The Blue Notes will provide live music. Everyone is welcome.
• Old Fashion Day. The Grace Missionary Baptist Church Senior Social Ministry at 549 W. Elm St. in Athens is holding Old Fashion Day at 10 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 19. Attendees are encouraged to dress in old-fashioned clothes. Guest speaker is Martha Jones, associate minister at Little Elk M.B. Church. A soul food lunch will be served.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a fax to 256-233-7753.