Boy Scout Christmas trees sale
East Limestone Boy Scout Troop 7236 is selling Fraser fir Christmas trees through Dec. 21 or until sold out at the corner of East Limestone and Capshaw roads at the old Reliance Bank lot. The sale is a fundraiser to buy troop camping equipment.
Korea show CDs available
CDs of the show “Korea, The Forgotten War Remembered” are available for pickup between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Mondays thru Fridays at the Alabama Veterans Museum, 100 W. Pryor St., in Athens.
• Soil and Water. The Limestone County Soil and Water Conservation District Board of Supervisors will meet at 7:30 a.m. Dec. 12 at the Natural Resources Conservation Service Office at 1795 U.S. 72 East, Suite 102. The public is invited.
• ALERA. Athens-Limestone Education Retirees Association will meet at 9:30 a.m. Dec. 13 at the Athens Recreation Center at the intersection of U.S. 31 North and Alabama 251. Members are requested to bring items for scholarship benefit auction. More information: 256-729-1145.
• ALSO. Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will meet at 11 a.m. Dec. 13 at the Birdie Thornton Center to host the Christmas party. Members are asked to bring snacks.
• NAACP. The Limestone NAACP annual meeting is at 3 p.m. Dec. 14 at 17308 U.S. 72 West. Contact: Wilbert Woodruff 256-227-8489.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary will share Christmas dinner and fellowship at 6 p.m. Dec. 17 at the VFW Post on N. Jefferson Street. The monthly meeting will follow. Contact: Kevin 256-919-1032.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to email@example.com, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.