Caregivers Night Out is from 6-9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27, at Lindsay Lane Baptist Church, 1300 Lindsay Lane. Make reservations by noon today, Sept. 26, at 256-232-7207.
Fit As A Fiddle Relay for Life 5K
Hosted by the City of Athens Relay for Life Team and sponsored in part by Steelcase, Chick-fil-A and Fleet Feet Sports. Held in conjunction with the Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddlers Convention. 8 a.m. start Oct. 5 at the Sportsplex on U.S. 31. Late registration is 6-7 a.m.; $20 per runner/walker. Register by Friday, Sept. 27, to be guaranteed a race T-shirt.
To register online go to Active.com or print a form at www.athensal.us. Proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society and local cancer patients.
Crisis services will have its annual candlelight vigil for victims of domestic violence at 6 p.m., Oct. 8, on the east side of the Courthouse Square. Rain location is the Big Spring Park pavilion. Planning meetings are at 6 p.m. on Tuesdays leading up to the event. Contact: Christa 256-232-0280.
All contributions donated to Ethan Haney’s fundraiser should be made out to Ethan Haney at Bank Independent or to David Haney, 11906 Poplar Hill Lane, Athens, AL 35611.
• Tea Party Patriots. The Athens/Limestone Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 tonight, Sept. 26, at 100 Beaty St. Chuck Bailey, Alabama coordinator for the Fair Tax movement, is the speaker. Public is invited. Contact: 256-777-2526.
• Athens Blacksmiths. Athens Blacksmith Forge will meet at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, at Travis Fleming’s Artistic Anvil Forge, 208 Commercial Drive, Athens. Contacts: John Guenthere 256-230-2900 or Travis Fleming 256-227-6217.
• NARFE. National Active and Retired Federal Employees will meet at 9 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, at Athens Veterans Museum. Stanley Menefee, chairman of the Limestone County Commission, is guest speaker. Breakfast served. More information: Dean Morgan 256-233-0248.
• AHS Class of ‘63. Athens High School Class of 1963 will meet for its 50-year class reunion at 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, at Yesterdays Event Center. All classes from the 1960s are invited. More information: Susan Griffin 256-732-4518.
• AHS Class of ’56. Athens High School Class of 1956 will meet at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 2, at Catfish Cabin on U.S. 72.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.