The James Early and Mary Springer Patterson family reunion will be held at noon Saturday, Aug. 31, at the home of Billy and Linda Patterson. More information: 256-729-1776.
The annual Glanton-Vinson family/friends reunion begins at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 31, at the Owens Senior Center on Alabama 99. Attendees are asked to bring a covered dish and old family pictures. Copier available. Contact: Judy Jackson 256-777-0551.
Bean Day donations
Donations are needed for the upcoming Bean Day General Store to include homemade items such as jellies, jams, relish, pickles, crafts, etc. Proceeds go to Limestone County senior centers. To donate, contact Jennifer Reece at 256-233-6412.
Senior Picnic in the Park
Vendors and other exhibitors are needed for the annual Senior Picnic in the Park to be held from 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 13, at Big Spring Park in Athens. Contact: Jennifer Reece 256-233-6412.
Personal financial management
Registration is open through Sept. 4 for a free four-week “Exploring Money Matters” class to be conducted from 2-3:30 p.m. consecutive Monday afternoons (Sept. 9, 16, 23 and 30) in Suite C of the Market Street County Building at 1109 W. Market St. in Athens. First come-first served. Limited class sizes. More information and registration: Limestone County Extension Office 256-232-5510.
Believe to Achieve will host its first talent show at 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 8, at the Vietnam Veterans of American building, 17915 W. Elm Street. Family-oriented talent welcome. To perform or for more information: Shenequa Phipps 256-874-7457 or Shamone Freeman 256-559-9390.
• Tea Party Patriots. The Athens/Limestone Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 tonight, Aug. 29, at 100 Beaty St. Guest speaker is state Sen. Bill Holtzclaw. Public is invited. Contact: 256-777-2526.
• Trinity Class of ’73. Trinity High School Class of 1973 will meet for dinner and entertainment Friday night, Aug. 30, at Yesterdays Event Center on Brownsferry Road in Athens. Contact: Deborah McDonald 256-651-9472.
• Clements Class of ’88. Clements High School Class of 1988 will meet for dinner Saturday night, Aug. 31, at Yesterdays Event Center on Brownsferry Road in Athens. Contact: Bernadette Jones 256-479-1279.
• Woodmen of the World. The Woodmen Labor Day barbecue will be held at 11 a.m., Monday, Sept. 2, at the chapter building on U.S. 72. Members are asked to bring dessert. Contact: Tom Ed Wright 256-232-4459
• Vietnam Veterans. Vietnam Veterans of America chapter 511 will gather for potluck and the monthly meeting, which includes voting on an updated Chapter 511 Constitution, by-laws and business loan to consolidate facility upkeep costs, Tuesday, Sept 3., at the chapter hall. Food at 6:30 p.m., meeting at 7.
• AHS Class of ’56. Athens High School Class of 1956 and friends are invited to meet at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 4, at the Garden Plaza Hotel (formerly the Holiday Inn) in Decatur for a Dutch-treat lunchy. Contact: 256-232-4815.
• City Council. Athens City Council members will hold a work session at 4:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 9, followed by their regular meeting at 5:30 in the municipal courtroom of the Athens Police Department on Hobbs Street in Athens.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to email@example.com, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.