• NAACP. The Limestone County NAACP meeting for election of officers and executives will be held from 6:30-8 p.m. Monday, Nov. 19, at 17308 U.S. 72 West in Athens. Contact: Wilbert Woodruff 256-227-8489 or 256-216-5668.
• Al-Anon. The Athens Al-Anon Family Group will meet at 8 p.m. Monday at 518 S. Clinton St. Al-Anon offers hope and help for families and friends of alcoholics. The group also meets Thursdays. Contact: 1-888-425-2666.
• Friends of Archives. The Friends of the Archives quarterly meeting will be at 5 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 20, at Limestone County Archives, 102 W. Washington St. (the green, former train depot). Members and visitors invited. Contact: 256-233-6404 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Alzheimer’s support. Athens Alzheimer’s Support group will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 20, at the Athens Senior Center on Pryor Street. Caregivers or anyone with a family member or friend with Alzheimer’s is invited to attend and find out what can be done to help loved ones. Contact: Sharon Griffis 256-874-0888.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary will host Thanksgiving dinner for members and their families at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 20, at the Post, 4765 N. Jefferson St. No meeting is scheduled. Contact: Fred 256-233-0213.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to email@example.com or fax to 256-233-7753.