The monthly American Legion Post 49 chicken stew will not be served in November. More information: Rod Huffman 256-233-3023.
• NAACP. The Limestone NAACP general membership meeting is at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 18 at the Chamber of Commerce, 101 Beaty St. More information: 256-227-8489.
• Partners in Pink. Athens breast cancer support group Partners in Pink meet at 6 p.m. Nov. 19 in the Athens-Limestone Hospital Education Room. Christmas celebration plans and the next Sherri Adams Pink Ribbon Run will be discussed. Partners in Pink T-shirts will be available to purchase.
• Ladies Civitan. Athens Ladies Civitan board meeting is at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 19 at Maryann Shepard’s home. Board members, Operation Santa chairmen and Tour of Homes chairmen are asked to attend.
• Friends of the Archives. Quarterly meeting is at 5 p.m. Nov. 19 at Limestone County Archives, 102 W. Washington St. The public is invited. More information: 256-233-6404 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary meet at 6 p.m. Nov. 19 for snacks and fellowship with meeting to follow at the VFW Post on North Jefferson Street. More information: 256-233-0213.
• ALSO. Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will meet at 11 a.m. Nov. 21 at Athens Senior Center on Pryor Street to wrap Christman gifts for Birdie Thornton clients. Members are asked to bring scissors and Scotch tape.
• Republican Women. The Limestone Republican Women will meet Nov. 21 at the HG Grill on U.S. 72. Meal at 5:45 p.m., meeting at 6:30. Special guest speaker is state Sen. Arthur Orr, R-Decatur. Everyone is invited.
• Tea Party Patriots. The Athens/Limestone Tea Party Patriots will meet at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 21 at 100 Beaty St. The public is invited. More information: 256-777-2526.
• AMVETS. American Veterans monthly meeting is Nov. 21 at 22769 Black Road in Athens. Fellowship and covered dish dinner at 6 p.m., meeting at 7. All veterans are welcome. Contact: Lyle Sadler 256-771-2029.