• Sportsman Club. The Limestone County Sportsman Club will meet at 7 p.m. Monday, Dec. 10, at the Vietnam Veterans of America building at 17953 W. Elm St. Covered dish dinner will be served following the meeting. Contact: Lyle Sadler 256-771-2029.
• Cancer survivors dinner. An American Cancer Society Christmas supper for cancer survivors, caregivers and guests will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 11, at Catfish Cabin. Bring a dessert and a $10 Santa swap gift. Contact: 256-232-6455.
• DAV. The Disabled American Veterans monthly meeting will be held Tuesday, Dec. 11, at the DAV on Airport Road off Alabama 127 in Athens. Food and fellowship at 6 p.m. and meeting at 7.
• Preservation. The regular meeting of the Historic Preservation Commission will be at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 11, at the Visitors Center. A special meeting will be held at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 13, at the Public Works Department to consider the Certificate of Appropriateness application of Burt Nelson.
• MLK Holiday Committee. The Athens-Limestone Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Planning Committee will meet at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 12, at the NAACP office, 17308 U.S. 72 West. Contact: Benard Simelton 256-426-6406 or email@example.com.
• Democrats. The Limestone County Democratic Executive Committee and Club will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 13, at Catfish Cabin on U.S. 72. Business meeting to follow Dutch-treat meal and program on the Children’s Advocacy Center. Contact: Diane Young at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• American Legion. Post 49 and the Ladies Auxiliary annual Christmas party will be at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 13, at 124 Cloverleaf Drive in Athens. Paid-up members, their spouse or a guest are welcome. Contact: Rod Huffman 256-233-3023 regarding food items to bring and for more information.
• ALERA. Athens-Limestone Education Retirees Association will meet at 9:30 a.m. Friday, Dec. 14, at Athens Recreation Center. Contact: Jerry George 256-729-1145.
• NARFE. National Active and Retired Federal Employees chapter 1480 will meet at 9 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 15, at the Veterans Museum on Pryor Street in Athens. A Christmas musical program will be presented. Breakfast prepared by Bob McAbee and J.D. Jones. Contact: Dean Morgan 256-233-0248.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to email@example.com or fax to 256-233-7753.