Boy Scout Christmas Trees
East Limestone Boy Scout Troop 7236 has Fraser Fir Christmas trees for sale through Dec. 18. Visit the new location at East Limestone and Capshaw roads at the old Reliance Bank lot.
• NARFE. National Active and Retired Federal Employees chapter 1480 will meet at 9 a.m. today, Dec. 15, at the Veterans Museum on Pryor Street in Athens. A Christmas musical program will be presented. Breakfast prepared by Bob McAbee and J.D. Jones. Contact: Dean Morgan 256-233-0248.
• Alzheimer’s support. Athens Alzheimer’s Support group will meet at 6 p.m. Monday, Dec. 17, at the Athens Senior Center on Pryor Street. Caregivers or anyone with a family member or friend with Alzheimer’s is invited to attend. Contact: Sharon Griffis 256-874-0888.
• NAACP. The Limestone County NAACP annual meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 17, at 17308 U.S. 72 West in Athens. Contact: Wilbert Woodruff 256-216-5668 or 256-227-8489.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary will host a Christmas dinner for members and their families at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 18, at the Post, 4765 N. Jefferson St. and Alabama 127. Contact: Kevin 256-278-8276.
• AMVETS. AMVETS (American Veterans) will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 20, at 22769 Black Road. Call 256.771.2029 for more information.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to email@example.com or fax to 256-233-7753.