The News Courier
• Pastor appreciation. The public is invited to the St. Mark Primitive Baptist Church for a morning of gratitude and appreciation honoring their pastor of 18 years, Kenneth F. Owens, at 11 a.m. today, March 3. The church is located at 740 W. Sanderfer Road in Athens. Pastor Leo Owens of Bethel-Colbert church in Leighton will deliver the message.
• Revival. Clements Baptist Church at 8690 U.S. 72 West will hold a revival featuring Bob Pitman today, March 3, through Wednesday, March 6. Service times: Sunday, 9:30 a.m. and 6 p.m.; Monday, March 4, 6:30 p.m.; Tuesday, March 5, 6:30 p.m.; Wednesday, 6:30 p.m. Bob Pitman has preached at more than 900 revivals and Bible conferences in the U.S. and several conferences in Europe and Africa.
• Gospel meeting. Three speakers will be featured during Northside Church of Christ gospel meeting today, March 3, through Wednesday, March 6, at 1201 N. Jefferson St. in Athens. Sunday services will be at 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Wednesday services are at 7 p.m. Speakers incude Carl Witty on Sunday; Jeff May on Monday; Steve Ferguson on Tuesday; and Warren Glass on Wednesday. Information: 256-232-3179.
• Lenten lunches. Local churches are holding the Lenten lunch series through March 20. Hour-long services with music, followed by lunch, are held each Wednesday at noon at Saint Timothy’s Episcopal Church, 207 E. Washington St. in Athens. During each service, clergy from participating churches read scripture and offer a brief reflection. Lunch, prepared on a rotating basis by participating churches, is served in the parish hall. Donations are encouraged and support the work of Limestone County Churches Involved. Contact St. Timothy’s at 256-232-3541.
• Spring training. Clements Baptist Church at 8690 U.S. 72 West will hold a spring-training event from 8 a.m.-noon Saturday, March 9. Cost is $10 per person. Includes breakout sessions for ministry leaders working with babies, adults, special needs, greeter and hospitality ministries, pastors and ministers of education. Guest speaker is Dr. Elmer Towns. Visit www.springtraining-n-action.org.
• Spring Revival. Indian Creek Primitive Baptist Church will hold it’s annual Spring Revival at 7 nightly March 12-14. Guest evangelist is the Rev. Kenneth D. Duke. Guest choirs. Public invited.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a fax to 256-233-7753.