Caregiver’s Night Out will be from 6-9 p.m. Friday at Clements Baptist Church, 8690 U.S. 72 West. Make reservations by noon Thursday, March 7, at 256-232-7207.
Scout pancake fundraiser
Boy Scout Troop 7236 pancake breakfast will be held from 8-10 a.m. Saturday at Applebee’s on U.S. 72. Tickets are $5 at the door.
Limestone County NAACP invites children ages 3-13 to attend the free Steps Book Club/Reading Program session at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Round Island Creek Mission Center, 13829 Lucas Ferry Road. Learning, lunch and fun provided. Registration and information contact: 256-216-5668.
Owens VFD fundraiser
Owens Volunteer Fire Department Swamp Johns catfish fundraiser will be held from 4-7 p.m. Saturday at the Limestone County Sheriff’s Rodeo Arena. Each $10 plate includes choice of meat, hushpuppies, French fries, coleslaw, dessert and tea. Contacts: Tammy Blakely 256-655-9028 between 5-9 p.m. and Dennis Blakely 256-655-9196, between 6:30-9 p.m.
Used book sale
The Friends of Athens-Limestone Public Library will hold a used book sale from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Tuesday at the library at 405 E. South St. Contact: 256-232-1233.
An American Red Cross blood drive will be held from noon until 5 p.m. Tuesday, March 12, in the Athens State University Student Center ballroom, 300 N. Beaty St.
Poke Sallet tickets
Ticket sales for the 21st annual Poke Sallet Follies, “Be Our Guest,” continue at the Athens Senior Center at 912 W. Pryor St. in Athens. Tickets are $35 per person, limited to two tables per customer and include a three-course meal. Tickets are sold daily from 7:30 a.m.- 4 p.m. and must be paid by cash or check only when obtained. The Follies will be held March 7-9 at the Athens Senior Center.
• AHS Class of ’56. Athens High School Class of 1956 and friends will meet at 11 a.m. today, March 6, for a Dutch-treat lunch at Mac’s Restaurant in Athens. Contact: Betty Richardson 256-777-0516.
• County Commission. Limestone County Commission will meet at 10 a.m. Thursday, March 7, at the Clinton Street annex in Athens.
• American Legion. Post 49 and the Ladies Auxiliary monthly meeting will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 7, at 124 Cloverleaf Drive in Athens. Contact: Rod Huffman 256-233-3023.
• Sportsman Club. Limestone County Sportsman Club will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 7, at 102 Bullington Road in Athens. Upcoming events and business will be discussed. Covered-dish dinner to follow. Contact: Lyle Sadler 256-771-2029.
• ALERA. Athens-Limestone Education Retirees Association will meet at 9:30 a.m. Friday, March 8, at Athens Recreation Center near Athens High School stadium. All retirees of Athens and Limestone County school systems are invited. A TARCOG attorney will speak on elder law. Contact: Jerry George 256-729-1145.
• Master Gardeners. The Limestone County Master Gardener Assoc. will meet at noon Monday, March 11, in the Extension Office on Market Street in Athens. Denise Woodring of Green Thumb Garden Consulting and Design will speak on rain gardens and how to work with run-off and wet areas.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to email@example.com or fax to 256-233-7753.