The News Courier
• Lenten lunches. Local churches are holding the Lenten lunch series through March 20. Hour-long services with music, followed by lunch, are held each Wednesday at noon at Saint Timothy’s Episcopal Church, 207 E. Washington St. in Athens. During each service, clergy from participating churches read scripture and offer a brief reflection. Lunch, prepared on a rotating basis by participating churches, is served in the parish hall. Donations are encouraged and support the work of Limestone County Churches Involved. Contact St. Timothy’s at 256-232-3541.
• Spring training. Clements Baptist Church at 8690 U.S. 72 West will hold a spring-training event from 8 a.m.-noon Saturday, March 9. Cost is $10 per person. Includes breakout sessions for ministry leaders working with babies, adults, special needs, greeter and hospitality ministries, pastors and ministers of education. Guest speaker is Dr. Elmer Towns. Visit www.springtraining-n-action.org.
• Spring Revival. Indian Creek Primitive Baptist Church will hold it’s annual Spring Revival at 7 nightly March 12-14. Guest evangelist is the Rev. Kenneth D. Duke. Guest choirs. Public invited.
• Revival/Anniversary. Jerusalem Primitive Baptist Church, 6895 Mooresville Road in Belle Mina, will hold Spring Revival at 7 nightly March 13-15. Speakers are, Elder Benjamin Burt and Bell P.B. Church, March 13; Minister Adrian Jefferson and St. Andrew P.B. Church Choir, March 14; and Elder Kenneth Lankford and Fletcher's Chapel P.B. Church, March 15. Also, the 143rd church anniversary will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday, March 17, with guest speaker Elder Jerry Crutcher and Little Indian Creek P.B. Church.
• Appreciation service. St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church, at 10081 Snake Road in Athens, invites the public to the fourth appreciation service for Pastor Brandon and first lady Nogzi Love on Sunday, March 17. Pastor Michael Burks and Christway Church in Athens will lead the 11 a.m. service. Pastor Phil Ford and the Singing Disciples of Huntsville will lead the 2:30 p.m. service.
• Pink Tea. The Mallard Creek Primitive Baptist Association annual Pink Tea will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday, March 17, at Indian Creek P.B. Church at 380 Indian Creek Road in Huntsville. Pink Tea supports scholarships and Huntsville Bible College. Public invited.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to email@example.com or a fax to 256-233-7753.