• Singing. The Dixie Echoes will sing at Riddle's Chapel United Methodist Church near Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant on Friday, Sept. 5. Singing begins at 6:30 p.m. with the bluegrass group, Redeemed By Grace. Jennifer George singing with the Dixie Echoes begins at 7. Everyone is welcome. A love offering will be received for the Dixie Echoes. More information or directions: Billy 256-777-0351.
• Family and Friends Day. St. Mark Primitive Baptist Church at 740 Sanderfer Road Athens will celebrate Family and Friends Day at 11 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 7. All are welcome.
• Youth service. Majestic Chapel youth service is 5:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 7. A special service will be followed by a 30-foot banana split for all in attendance. The church is at 21315 Hays Mill Road in Elkmont. More information: Shirley 256-431-6798.
• Gospel meeting. Churches of Christ are sponsoring the Fifth Avenue Park Gospel Meeting at 7 nightly Sept. 8-13. The theme is “There's Salvation in None Other.” Free transportation: 256-874-1941.
• Revival. Greater Hope Missionary Baptist Church, at 14065 Lucas Ferry Road, is hosting a revival at 7 nightly Sept. 10-12 featuring evangelist Mylon Burwell, pastor of Mount Zion Primitive Baptist Church in Madison. Various choirs will deliver the song service each night.
• Women's Conference & Retreat. Grace Missionary Baptist Church of Athens will celebrate its annual Women's Conference & Retreat on Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 13-14.
Cassandra Thomas of Florence is guest speaker at 10 a.m. Saturday at the church Family Life Center. Minister Sandra Franklin Richardson of Huntsville will speak during the 11 a.m. worship on Sunday. The public is invited.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a fax to 256-233-7753.