Full Tummy Project
Currently, the group is working with the Full Tummy Project.
Athens Police Department is serving as a drop-off location for food items, which are distributed by area churches, Rotary and other organizations to needy students at city elementary schools and the intermediate school who do not receive regular meals on weekends.
Items needed include:
• Pop-top canned meals (Chef Boyardee, etc.);
• Fruit cups/pop-top canned fruit;
• Packs of peanut butter/cheese crackers;
• 100 percent juice boxes or shelf-stable milk;
• Cereal bars, pop-tarts, or individual cereal boxes;
• Granola bars;
• Gummies/fruit snacks.
All Full Tummy foods should be nonperishable, ready to eat, and easy for a child to open.