Fall heating inspections make for warmer winters
The North Alabama Better Business Bureau offers tips on how to get homes ready for the cold weather.
EPA encourages homeowners to care for their septic systems
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is encouraging homeowners to take action to ensure their septic systems are functioning properly.
- Supporting Sasha: Piney Chapel students release balloons for children with cancer
Burger King launching lower-calorie french fry
Burger King wants people to feel less guilty about gobbling up its french fries.
- Sharing courage: Local girl continues to collect coins for kids with cancer
Medical pot looks to 'color inside the lines'
Medical marijuana businesses worried that federal agents will close them down now have a roadmap to avoid prosecution, courtesy of the Justice Department's decision to allow legal pot in Colorado and Washington state.
Some school districts quit healthier lunch program
After just one year, some schools around the country are dropping out of the healthier new federal lunch program, complaining that so many students turned up their noses at meals packed with whole grains, fruits and vegetables that the cafeterias were losing money.
- Coffee, wine and sushi! New pregnancy book says OK
- Actor Jamie Foxx to host human rights show in Alabama
- Inducing labor may be tied to autism, study says
- More Lifestyle Headlines
- Fall heating inspections make for warmer winters