The Limestone County Sheriff’s Department reported the following arrests Saturday:
• Robert Earl Albright III, 18, of 14989 Section Line Road, Elkmont, second-degree possession of marijuana
• Joshua Phillip Amos, 31, of 1909 Mud Tavern Road, Decatur, driving under the influence
• Robert Anthony Byers, 29, of 100 E. Sanderfer Road, Apt. 126, Athens, probation violation (third-degree domestic violence – harassment), giving false name
• Griffin Scott Littlefield, 47, of 234 Eagle Rock Drive, Millbrook, third-degree theft
• Elizabeth McSherry, 35, of 26950 Clem Road, Elkmont, negotiating a worthless negotiable instrument
• Jackie Glenn Tidwell, 49, of 28470 Schrimsher Road, Belle Mina, resisting arrest
• Yvette Michell Vann, 41, of 1311 Woodside Road, Athens, driving under the influence
The Limestone County Sheriff’s Department reported no thefts Saturday:
The Athens Police Department reported the following arrests Saturday:
• Jose Juan Aguilar-Valencia, 20, of 18108 Coffman Road, Lot 5, Athens, third-degree theft of property
• Maracdeono Sanchez, 19, of 1301 Wheeler St., Athens, third-degree domestic violence
• Donald A. Frost, 54, of 703 Camelot Drive, Athens, third-degree theft of property
• Michael Allen Dorning, 54, of 18152 E. Elles Drive, Athens, driving under the influence of a controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance
• Manual Rosas, 42, of 204 Plum St., Athens, third-degree theft of property
• Felipe Torres Lopez, 19, of 11815 Stewart Road, Tanner, second-degree possession of marijuana
• David Norman Kelley, 19, of 19907 Alabama 127, Athens, driving under the influence of drugs
• Rusty Lee Wood, 25, of 15759 Huntsville-Browns Ferry Road, Athens, first-degree possession of marijuana
The Athens Police Department reported no thefts Saturday:
Athens-Limestone Hospital reported no admissions or discharges Saturday.
Admissions and discharges represent only those who agree to have their names published.
- Local News
Murdering Bondurant brothers air March 27 on 'Evil Twins'
In 1991, the brothers were convicted in the 1986 murder of 24-year-old Gwen Dugger, an Ardmore mother who was last seen near Pat’s rented house near Shady Lawn Truck Stop north of Elkton, Tenn., on May 30, 1986.
Limestone County restaurant ratings between Feb. 16 and March 1.
Don't forget to 'spring forward' Saturday night
Daylight saving time was widely adopted in North America in the 1970s during the energy crisis. Since then, there have been a number of adjustments including the most recent by the Bush administration that set the beginning of DST as the second Sunday in March.
Deacon, city school board member honored for church, civic service
Limestone's Pleasant Grove Cumberland Presbyterian Church in America, recently presented James Lucas, 74, a deacon at Little Ezekiel Missionary Baptist Church in Tanner with a proclamation honoring his dedication to church and civic organizations.
Blakely opposes loaded gun in car bill
Concealed carry permits require applicants to undergo a background check and pay a fee. It’s the lack of the background check in Beason’s proposal that raises a red flag for Blakely.
Clements renovations break ground; Ardmore gym still on schedule
Dr. Tom Sisk, superintendent of Limestone County Schools, said the plan is to complete the Clements project in January 2015. He said as much work as possible will be done this summer to avoid disrupting instructional time.
- DA won’t appeal Clem rape sentence to high court
- Calhoun hosting skills extravaganza today for Alabama high schoolers
- Electric bills to increase 6% for Athens Utilities customers
Mardi Gras parade held on Marion Street
The third annual Athens Mardi Gras parade was held Tuesday evening in front of the Center for Lifelong Learning on the downtown Square.
A special table was set up for children and adults to string beads before the parade and many revelers showed up dressed for the occasion.
- More Local News Headlines
- Murdering Bondurant brothers air March 27 on 'Evil Twins'