The Limestone County Sheriff’s Department reported the following arrests Saturday:
• Robert Earl Albright III, 18, of 14989 Section Line Road, Elkmont, second-degree possession of marijuana
• Joshua Phillip Amos, 31, of 1909 Mud Tavern Road, Decatur, driving under the influence
• Robert Anthony Byers, 29, of 100 E. Sanderfer Road, Apt. 126, Athens, probation violation (third-degree domestic violence – harassment), giving false name
• Griffin Scott Littlefield, 47, of 234 Eagle Rock Drive, Millbrook, third-degree theft
• Elizabeth McSherry, 35, of 26950 Clem Road, Elkmont, negotiating a worthless negotiable instrument
• Jackie Glenn Tidwell, 49, of 28470 Schrimsher Road, Belle Mina, resisting arrest
• Yvette Michell Vann, 41, of 1311 Woodside Road, Athens, driving under the influence
The Limestone County Sheriff’s Department reported no thefts Saturday:
The Athens Police Department reported the following arrests Saturday:
• Jose Juan Aguilar-Valencia, 20, of 18108 Coffman Road, Lot 5, Athens, third-degree theft of property
• Maracdeono Sanchez, 19, of 1301 Wheeler St., Athens, third-degree domestic violence
• Donald A. Frost, 54, of 703 Camelot Drive, Athens, third-degree theft of property
• Michael Allen Dorning, 54, of 18152 E. Elles Drive, Athens, driving under the influence of a controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance
• Manual Rosas, 42, of 204 Plum St., Athens, third-degree theft of property
• Felipe Torres Lopez, 19, of 11815 Stewart Road, Tanner, second-degree possession of marijuana
• David Norman Kelley, 19, of 19907 Alabama 127, Athens, driving under the influence of drugs
• Rusty Lee Wood, 25, of 15759 Huntsville-Browns Ferry Road, Athens, first-degree possession of marijuana
The Athens Police Department reported no thefts Saturday:
Athens-Limestone Hospital reported no admissions or discharges Saturday.
Admissions and discharges represent only those who agree to have their names published.
- Local News
- South Alabama deputy killed while responding to wreck
Resurrection carries special meaning in today’s world
The celebration of Good Friday and Easter holds great significance especially in this day and age to Christians, according to an Athens State religion professor.
Singing on the Square steps off tonight
If it’s the third Friday in April … it’s time for some Singing on the Square.
- Athens sex offender cited for failing to have I.D. at motel
- Developer gets 9-month prison stay for filling up marsh to sell land
‘Fish for a Cure’ tournament to benefit fight against cancer
The City of Athens Relay for Life team is hosting the third annual Bass Fishing Tournament next month to “fish for a cure.” Money raised will go to the American Cancer Society.
Should an anonymous post remain anonymous?
Attorneys for the online media company filed a motion to quash, saying the person who posted the comment has a First Amendment right to free speech and should be protected.
- 4 Limestone students named to All-State band
- BREAKING: 2-vehicle accident on AL 251 in front of Bethel Grocery
- BREAKING: Fuel spill on Bethel Road
- More Local News Headlines