The staff of Athens-Limestone Hospital will hold a remembrance ceremony Saturday for the late Jeff Mitchell, who passed away in March 2011 at age 48.
Friends, relatives and members of the community are invited to attend the ceremony, to be held at 2 p.m. at the Fitness Park pavilion, located on West Washington Street in Athens.
Mitchell began his career at Athens-Limestone Hospital in 1993 as an emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (EMT-P). As a paramedic, he “provided a valuable service to the people of Athens and surrounding Limestone County,” according to a press release.
Mitchell also received a degree as a registered nurse. In addition to working as a RN at ALH, he shared his medical knowledge as a faculty member and EMT instructor at Calhoun College.
He returned to college and received a master’s degree as a nurse practitioner and was employed at ALH until a few months before his passing.
- Local News
- Ribbon-cutting for renovations at Farmers Market set for Saturday
- Preliminary report expected next week for Elkmont plane crash
- 2 arrested on drug charges in Athens
- TOY JOY: Christmas ceremony draws 200 kids to city park
State to submit proposal for Boeing plant
Gov. Robert Bentley said Alabama will be among the states submitting a proposal next week to land the assembly plant for Boeing's new 777X aircraft.
- UPDATED: Christmas parade rescheduled for Dec. 12
Forum touches on disaster communications
The tornadoes of April 2011 may have been more than a year and a half ago, but they were a primary topic at Tuesday night’s legislative town forum.
- Countdown to T-town: No. 1 Tanner to play No. 3 WashCo. in 2A title rematch
- County OKs contract for temporary courthouse
Local stores seeing green thanks to the crimson and the blue
On Cyber Monday, customers didn’t wait until the last second to order their Auburn and Alabama apparel.
- More Local News Headlines