— Limestone County is under a severe thunderstorm warning until 4 p.m. First reponders have answered several weather-related calls this afternoon, including reports of tree and power pole on fire. Firefighters also responded to a house fire on Pryor Street, though it's unclear if the fire was lightning related. The roof was also blown off a mobile home on Shaw Road.
- Local News
- South Alabama deputy killed while responding to wreck
Resurrection carries special meaning in today’s world
The celebration of Good Friday and Easter holds great significance especially in this day and age to Christians, according to an Athens State religion professor.
Singing on the Square steps off tonight
If it’s the third Friday in April … it’s time for some Singing on the Square.
- Athens sex offender cited for failing to have I.D. at motel
- Developer gets 9-month prison stay for filling up marsh to sell land
‘Fish for a Cure’ tournament to benefit fight against cancer
The City of Athens Relay for Life team is hosting the third annual Bass Fishing Tournament next month to “fish for a cure.” Money raised will go to the American Cancer Society.
Should an anonymous post remain anonymous?
Attorneys for the online media company filed a motion to quash, saying the person who posted the comment has a First Amendment right to free speech and should be protected.
- 4 Limestone students named to All-State band
- BREAKING: 2-vehicle accident on AL 251 in front of Bethel Grocery
- BREAKING: Fuel spill on Bethel Road
- More Local News Headlines