— Limestone County is under a severe thunderstorm warning until 4 p.m. First reponders have answered several weather-related calls this afternoon, including reports of tree and power pole on fire. Firefighters also responded to a house fire on Pryor Street, though it's unclear if the fire was lightning related. The roof was also blown off a mobile home on Shaw Road.
- Local News
A student's best friend
Anyone who would like to request a visit from Love on a Leash is welcome to call her at 256-777-3388.
- Arrest reports for 7/25/14
- APD charges man with burglary, assaulting fiancée
- Athens man indicted on charges of sexual abuse, indecent exposure
Governor's office: Immigrant children coming to Alabama
A spokesman said it's not known how many children will be placed at the base or how soon they will arrive.
- The News Courier invites you to 'Sound Off'
Carpenter acquires 2nd Delphi building – what’s in store for it?
According to a sales contract filed July 11 in the Limestone County Probate Judge’s Office, Robert Trafford, manager of private investment company OAX of Delaware, sold Building No. 22, Lot 3 of the Delphi subdivision to Carpenter Technology Corp. of Delaware on July 9 for $2.2 million.
- Limestone, Morgan and Madison counties under dense fog advisory until 9 a.m.
Suspicious emails prompt BBB warning
Scammers began sending a wave of bogus phishing emails spoofing the BBB brand shortly after 2 p.m. Wednesday, according to a press release.
- Arrest reports for 7/24/14
- More Local News Headlines
- A student's best friend