Limestone County schools will close at 1 p.m. today. The bus schedule will run accordingly. Calhoun Community College will close at 12:30 p.m. and all night classes be canceled. Athens State will close at 2:30 p.m.
Check back for more updates.
- Local News
Sales tax holiday on school supplies underway
The sales tax holiday can add up to big savings for some shoppers, as the state’s 4 percent sales tax is suspended during the period of 12:01 a.m. on Friday, Aug. 1, through midnight on Sunday, Aug. 3.
- Walking horse show to be held this evening at sheriff's arena
- North Alabama school system's plan won't include armed guards
- Arrest reports for 8/1/14
- New website tracks local sex offenders
- UPDATE: Man indicted on charges of stealing from Limestone mom
Fire damages home in Clements: Man seeks home for puppies
An early morning house fire caused significant damage to a home on Shaw Road in the Clements community Thursday.
- 2 Athens residents facing drug charges
- Madison County settles 2012 assault cause involving sheriff's deputies
Work on new residence halls underway at UNA
Director of Residence Life Kevin Jacques, along with the rest of the staff, said they are excited to see the new, modern residence halls breaking ground.
- More Local News Headlines
- Sales tax holiday on school supplies underway