— On Saturday, members of the Austin High School JROTC program’s honor and color guards salute the Leggtown Cemetery marker of Pfc. Leroy Murray. Murray, who was born and raised in Limestone County and was one of the Tuskegee Airmen during World War II, died 25 years ago at age 74. The cadets include Capt. Erik Aviles, Command Sgt. Maj. Tim Murrow, 1st Lt. Wesley Lucas, 1st Sgt. Marco Santos, 2nd Lt. Maribel Chaves, Sgt. Kove Schultz, Staff Sgt. Jocelyn Marquez, 2nd Lt. Nestor Aviles, 1st Sgt. Deonte Rivera and 2nd Lt. John Munoz.
- Local News
- Foul play ruled out in death of cupcake truck driver
- ALERT: Lindsay Lane closed through the week
NWS: Alabama could see more cool weather records
The cooler weather will hang around for a few days, with daytime highs expected in the 80s in central Alabama into the weekend.
Tanner's Bill Bridgeforth among two Alabama farmers being honored by White House
Bridgeforth and Lee Haynes of Cullman are among 15 people being recognized as so-called "Champions of Change" in Washington on Tuesday.
- State firefighters head west
- Athens council to consider abatement, civil rights recognition, liquor store
- Athens State University to present history of women in Alabama
- Athens-Limestone United Way seeks teacher noms ahead of annual event
- Sales tax holiday: ARA predicts healthy shopping weekend
- Red Cross issues urgent call for blood
- More Local News Headlines