— On Saturday, members of the Austin High School JROTC program’s honor and color guards salute the Leggtown Cemetery marker of Pfc. Leroy Murray. Murray, who was born and raised in Limestone County and was one of the Tuskegee Airmen during World War II, died 25 years ago at age 74. The cadets include Capt. Erik Aviles, Command Sgt. Maj. Tim Murrow, 1st Lt. Wesley Lucas, 1st Sgt. Marco Santos, 2nd Lt. Maribel Chaves, Sgt. Kove Schultz, Staff Sgt. Jocelyn Marquez, 2nd Lt. Nestor Aviles, 1st Sgt. Deonte Rivera and 2nd Lt. John Munoz.
- Local News
- South Alabama deputy killed while responding to wreck
Resurrection carries special meaning in today’s world
The celebration of Good Friday and Easter holds great significance especially in this day and age to Christians, according to an Athens State religion professor.
Singing on the Square steps off tonight
If it’s the third Friday in April … it’s time for some Singing on the Square.
- Athens sex offender cited for failing to have I.D. at motel
- Developer gets 9-month prison stay for filling up marsh to sell land
‘Fish for a Cure’ tournament to benefit fight against cancer
The City of Athens Relay for Life team is hosting the third annual Bass Fishing Tournament next month to “fish for a cure.” Money raised will go to the American Cancer Society.
Should an anonymous post remain anonymous?
Attorneys for the online media company filed a motion to quash, saying the person who posted the comment has a First Amendment right to free speech and should be protected.
- 4 Limestone students named to All-State band
- BREAKING: 2-vehicle accident on AL 251 in front of Bethel Grocery
- BREAKING: Fuel spill on Bethel Road
- More Local News Headlines