Athens City Council members have an array of topics on their Monday agenda.
The work session begins at 4:30 p.m. followed by their regular meeting at 5:30 in the municipal courtroom of the Athens Police Department on Hobbs Street. Both the work session and the meeting are open to the public.
Items for the council’s consideration include:
• Public hearing to take comments on a request by the Athens Rotary Club Inc. to sell alcohol at a special event;
• Resolution to approve the Rotary Club’s request for a special events retail license allowing it to sell alcohol;
• Resolution to approve training costs for the computer server virtualization project. This project is designed to save space and minimize interruption of service;
• Resolution to approve travel expenses for the Electric Department;
• Resolution to approve capital purchases for the Cemeteries, Parks and Recreation departments;
• Resolution to correct the spelling of a street in Canebrake subdivision;
• Resolution to approve fiscal 2013 budget amendment;
• Resolution to approve a contract with Morell Engineering for ATRIP project — resurfacing and rehabilitation of Lindsay Lane from Huntsville-Browns Ferry Road to Alabama 251;
• Ordinance granting a franchise to Madison County Shuttle Inc. for bus service;
• Resolution to approve a contract with Taylor Electric Service for construction and relocation of electric lines at Interstate 565 and County Line Road;
• Resolution to approve Community Consultants Inc. as grant administer for the Trinity High School project.